Skip to main content
Answered

New SONOS App - very poor - limited Spotify Playlists?

Hi, as many others have also posted about the poor quality, functionality, and poor look and feel of the new App.  Clearly its not popular and has been hurried through, and/or not very well thought out from a ‘real user’ perspective.

SONOS, please supply a rollback option to S2 ASAP!

Also, can any other iOS users confirm that if subscribed to Spotify, then the number of Playlists appear to be limited via the new SONOS App.  I have a couple of hundred playlists in Spotify, these used to show in the S2 app with no issue, the new App only seems to show around 30 Spotify Playlists in my SONOS Playlist library.  Can anybody confirm this is an issue too?

Come on SONOS, please sort this mess out ASAP!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Sonos rushed out this unbelievably bad app so they could sell overpriced headphones and have a better platform to advertise crap to us.  Meanwhile they have given the middle to finger to all off their loyal users.   

Userlevel 2
Badge

I emailed  the CEO and got back a generic email from Sonos Support about the limited Spotify playlists issue. Ultimate irony - I use the old grey S1 app on slmw

oldwr Sonos amps I use in a part of my house and guess what every single playlist appears there on the original app. And all my playlists in other music services seem to be there (Apple, Tidal). On that basis this must be a really easy issue to fix. I can’t believe they don’t know if it. 

There is no longer any editing functionality of playlists in the new Sonos app. Sonos Moderators claim this feature will be added in the future. However,  playlist functionality is not on the Coming Soon or Known Issues lists posted on this site.   Just fyi. I'm making playlists on my music service app first.   If you are a music lover and enjoy creating personalized music lists like me, you can go directly to your Music Service app. Your best option is to utilize your music service ( I use Prime Music and Spotify.)     

Create playlists in your music  service. (Which you'll be able to edit).    

There's an Add Music Services feature on the Sonos home page. Add your service.     Then select your music service from the home page of the Sonos app.

It will read your saved Spotify and Amazon music and playlists (I don't know about other services) .  Then you should be able to play your new playlist (through Sonos as it reads your music service).

Current Sonos Playlists are frozen. You can only play what existed before the new Sonos app update. 

BTW, while in the Spotify app (using my Android), Spotify is able to find and play music through all four of my Sonos speakers. I control volume through my Android volume button. (Can anyone else do this through their various music services being used?)

Userlevel 1

After being on the phone for an hour forty five minutes, they told me middle of this month for a new app.

Still waiting…..

Same issues as above - not able to see all our Spotify playlists being the biggest one.  Can operate from the Spotify app but volume control and other things just don’t work correctly.  UGH!  Looking forward to the update.  Only posting bc SONOS would not answer phone today and wanting to let them know - if they don’t already - that the new app is NOT working.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I emailed  the CEO and got back a generic email from Sonos Support about the limited Spotify playlists issue. Ultimate irony - I use the old grey S1 app on slmw

oldwr Sonos amps I use in a part of my house and guess what every single playlist appears there on the original app. And all my playlists in other music services seem to be there (Apple, Tidal). On that basis this must be a really easy issue to fix. I can’t believe they don’t know if it. 

There is no longer any editing functionality of playlists in the new Sonos app. Sonos Moderators claim this feature will be added in the future. However,  playlist functionality is not on the Coming Soon or Known Issues lists posted on this site.   Just fyi. I'm making playlists on my music service app first.   If you are a music lover and enjoy creating personalized music lists like me, you can go directly to your Music Service app. Your best option is to utilize your music service ( I use Prime Music and Spotify.)     

Create playlists in your music  service. (Which you'll be able to edit).    

There's an Add Music Services feature on the Sonos home page. Add your service.     Then select your music service from the home page of the Sonos app.

It will read your saved Spotify and Amazon music and playlists (I don't know about other services) .  Then you should be able to play your new playlist (through Sonos as it reads your music service).

Current Sonos Playlists are frozen. You can only play what existed before the new Sonos app update. 

BTW, while in the Spotify app (using my Android), Spotify is able to find and play music through all four of my Sonos speakers. I control volume through my Android volume button. (Can anyone else do this through their various music services being used?)

Yes agree with all this and it’s how  I've used Sonos from the beginning. Create playlists (I have several hundred) in Spotify (never created actually in Sonos) and then  play through the Sonos system controlled by the app. So agree 100%. The “frozen” comment is interesting and kind of makes sense now although why 50 seems like a random round number…as mentioned I sent an email to the CEO supposed address but did get back a reply and an offer to schedule a call with customer service which I had last week. The rep was as helpful as she could possibly be as no fault of her’s obviously, and she went through the problem of playlists being limited thoughtfully with me. She actually created over 50 playlists in a dummy Spotify account to see if it was a real problem. She likewise stated as others have noted that it was not a “known” issue to their engineers which I just don’t really believe. So we wait for fixes. As I said the old S1 app shows all my playlists when I use on older Sonos kit. All playlists are there for other apps. This is a new S2 app issue exclusively. Lastly every single person I’ve spoken to with sonos and it’s a lot absolutely hates everything about the new app. Everything. Volume control. Lag. Adding rooms etc etc  It’s a technical disaster. Someone must be responsible. 
…and not for noting but when is someone from sonos going to come on here and provide some information and update. Silence is not a business strategy. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

So we’ve had the CEO’s mea culpa actually on the app. Three cheers. Now fix the playlist issues pretty please with a cherry on top. For the love of god. How hard can this be when the old app works fine with Spotify and all playlist are visible. And can someone from Spotify please show up and comment ??? Are you there??? Do you  read these boards ?? Do you care ???