Answered

New SONOS App - very poor - limited Spotify Playlists?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, as many others have also posted about the poor quality, functionality, and poor look and feel of the new App.  Clearly its not popular and has been hurried through, and/or not very well thought out from a ‘real user’ perspective.

SONOS, please supply a rollback option to S2 ASAP!

Also, can any other iOS users confirm that if subscribed to Spotify, then the number of Playlists appear to be limited via the new SONOS App.  I have a couple of hundred playlists in Spotify, these used to show in the S2 app with no issue, the new App only seems to show around 30 Spotify Playlists in my SONOS Playlist library.  Can anybody confirm this is an issue too?

Come on SONOS, please sort this mess out ASAP!!!

icon

Best answer by scot34 15 May 2024, 00:21

View original

55 replies

Userlevel 1

Can confirm I noticed this too and was devastated by it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s total madness isn’t it!!  Its like SONOS have made their best efforts to break it badly and then let the users find the issues! 

Userlevel 1

Same problem. Solution: Use the Spotify app to see and play your music on the Sonos platform. Just click the speaker icon/box on the music bar in the Spotify app and select your Sonos network and problem solved. Selected music playing will display on the Sonos app as before when playing.  

Playing thru Original Spotify works, but queu functionality is different. It appears that removing a song from the wueu, removes it permanently from the pkaylist. Moving so gs around is not so easy because once a song is pkayed it disappears from the active queue. 

Secondly  runni g separate apps for Spotify & Tunein (for sleep timer) really is taking several ateps backward. 

will this be fixed?

Userlevel 1

Have been told by Sonos support that the Spotify playlist issue will be resolved in future updates. I assume other issues will also be corrected . My opinion only on that.

One issue I found it fails to load properly. It loads then the next time you load the app, it won't load. Continuously open and close the app then it will load for a couple of times. A visses circle 

I only got 50 of my 108 Spotifyplaylists and i cant remove or add any others. 

Userlevel 3

The new app is a trainwreck. It is glitchy, clunky, often unresponsive and what the hell with the playlists, Sonos? You have degraded the experience for every.single.one of your customers.  What a shame

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Desktop app should show all of them.

Userlevel 1

I don’t know what problems Sonos was trying to solve with this new ver80.xx.xx app but I know they created some brand new ones. 

• Tried to play the tops hits of an artist on Tidal and it only played the first song (never had that problem on S2 app)
  • After opening app it could not connect to my Era 300 even though it was already playing a song
  • Opening Pandora in the app failed on first try (never remember that happening in S2)
  • Its much more clunky adding a remove different rooms/devices
  • I don’t appreciate the adds for Sonos products (e.g. Ace headphones) in the valuable home page space
  • Takes way longer to populate metadata (e.g. images of album covers, names of channels, etc.)
  • What is “Your Sources” and why is that on the home page? My is defaulted to My TV (why? - my TV only displays video)
  • First song played on Pandora did not finish before the next song started

I would love to go back to S2. It worked fine for my needs. What am I missing?

Userlevel 2

The app has now hundreds of 1 star reviews on Google Play store. Sonos have just destroyed their brand

Userlevel 1

As a developer I just cannot understand the level of incompetence of the development team of this app. This is really trash. Frequently I accidently bump to volume instantly to 100% because while doing a sliding action the volume button is also triggered. This already hurts my ears multiple times and I hope the Sonos product will not be damaged. 

Navigation is also freakin’ terrible. 

Then the connection. Frequently when opening the app it cannot connect and I have to turn WiFi off/on to get connected again. This is not an issue with my network because the previous app worked fine and other smarthome apps also do not have connectivity issues.

Sonos product are not cheap and we expect prime quality and experience. We paid a lot for both hardware and software, please make the software quality and experience meet the criteria again. Software development is not that hard.

Userlevel 2

Did this new update even get tested?!! 
The new look and feel is awful , hate the consolidated search and how you now have to find your room/speakers and not having the played everywhere button to hand.

Away from the design gripes the actual buggy slow pain of finding tracks (if you’re lucky too) getting different result when you search same artist. It takes ages to actually play and pause , skip response is not acceptable. The volume control is so delayed (it was super responsive before this update and I have tested multiple devices and same results)

it would be quite frankly quicker to leaf through a vinyl collection in a random order to find an artist and place onto a turntable and then place stylus down than this update can do!! 

POOR FORM SONOS - please fix

Userlevel 2

As mentioned by someone already you have 100% ruined the product experience for everyone with this awful bug ridden release - I work in technology this would have never passed any QA and be deployed to clients - if it doesn’t get rolled back or remediated fairly quickly you will haemorrhage your market and loose a large amount of loyal users including me. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Exact same issue. Downloaded new app and I’d say 80% of my playlists are missing . Just god awful app experience now. Forcing me to rethink sonos at all. Get it fixed! 

To call thos new app a train wreck is a compliment 

I expect a better experience for the money.

I will not spend anymore $$$$ on this kind of frustrating system. 

Costco Bluetooth 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge

Kudos to Scott132 the workaround using the Spotify app tho connect directly to sonos system/products works. Maybe we should all just ditch the Sonos app all together. 

Userlevel 2

How can you go from 'I'm thinking of upgrading my sonos system' to ' I hope these guys die in an explosion' I know....... just update the app!

New app is a disaster !!!!

Another one having to use Spotify itself to go past my top 25 playlists in the android app. Or fire up my WIndows laptop. Then use the Windows Sonos app to choose a playlist.

I have over 70 Spotify playlists.

This situation is really irritating.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is anyone- anyone- from Sonos itself going to comment here ? The Spotify playlist flaw is a massive miss from Sonos. Do they care ? Will they fix it ? Would be courteous to respond …

Userlevel 2
Badge

To add, I updated the laptop controller and the Spotify  playlists available there were also severely reduced to a handful from my several hundred playlists. Interestingly it’s a shorter list and a different set of playlists  to the reduced ones available through the app. So inconsistency in the error as well. I’m not a tech  guy but tells me some ring is significantly wrong with the linkage backbone of the new app. 

and not for noting albums from  Spotify won’t  load at all 

The app is a total wreck!!!!
how can they try to sell stuff when nothing works

bill

Userlevel 2

Haven’t been able to use speakers but intermittently since update and only by rebooting system and router. Then yesterday I opened the app and it actually worked. Listened to music for several hours. Today I opened to use Move by the pool and the Music Services would not connect even after resubmitting (Apple Music & Sirius).

I am currently shopping for other speakers to replace Sonos. 
I am done with Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I spoke with Sonos today (May 27) and they told me the 50 Spotify playlist limit is not a known issue, which I cannot believe considering I haven’t heard anyone say they can see more than 50. Also, in true Sonos fashion, they told me not to use their app but use the Spotify app instead. They even gave me a case number but told me nobody would be following up with me but rather I should just keep checking the app periodically. I love Sonos products, but I absolutely HATE Sonos software and support. This is quite possibly the worst “update” I have ever seen on any product I have ever owned.