Skip to main content

New SONOS App - Alarms

App has been upgraded,  We onlu have IOS no access to Mac or Windows,

Lost ability to use alarms etc 

Can we reverse upgrade and go back?

New app is awful! so user non friendly 

231 replies

Mine also reverted back to not triggering, despite all the options being set up to do so on the mobile iOS app.

The thing that got them working again was setting up a new alarm via the Sonos Mac OS app that I have on a laptop that doesn’t have the same VPN / Firewall / AdBlocker as I have on my phone.

After that alarm was set and activated, other existing alarms have started to function.

This really is weird sh*t and no way to run a product. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well I take it back, 3 days since update and no alarms including this morning... Posted the above and gave it one more try by changing the time on an existing alarm (no other change) and what do you know it triggered 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hopefully it will remain working... 🤞

They must have seen your post and instantly sorted it for you! 😉

Dear Sonos,

Your new app has, to date, wasted at least 227 people's time, totaling over 56 hours. The layout is poorly designed and unintuitive. Please consider making wiser, more user-friendly updates without drastic changes. This app wasted 15 minutes of my time, and I am sure many others feel the same.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Alarms still not working for me

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

When will it be possible to set alarms without being logged in as system owner?

I would like to have this option back as in previous s2 version. Members of the household need to be able to set their own alarms, without being a system owner.

timer functionality should be accessible for users 

The Alarmcloock is missing and the function of the App is Bad ! Please change all This errors qickliy . I think a lot of people will change to Bose or JBL . When i can stop my Alarm ? I Discnnect alll my Sonos speakers about 20 Piecses until you will fix this App soon. If Not all my Friends and i will stopp Hear Musik Sith Sonos .