New App is a Disaster!!

Show first post

64 replies

Have been using the older version of the app for a year and it's been Acceptable,  but the latest update is truly awful,  it takes 3 minutes to start then after I have closed the android messaging telling me there's a problem with sonos it eventually starts,  trying to play anything painful the volume and the other controls work randomly and then completely looses connection with the app and the only way to stop the speakers playing is to use the pause button on the speakers themselves,  can't imagine I will ever purchase anything from sonos again,  I'm too embarrassed to play anything when I have guests as the volume is all over the place and loosing the connection is really crazy,  after spending £700 on a speaker system I'm left with 6 expensive door stops!

Userlevel 1

I also would like to add some constructive feedback here. I think it's very important for the future of the human race to make sure that the genomes of the people who made this app are NOT allowed to procreate as it would surely be a disaster for mankind.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sonos must hate their customers. 

This is so frustrating, every time I try to log onto my SONOS app it requested me to set-up the system AGAIN. I have done this so many times and STILL I have issues. What are they doing about this, looking at the blogs above there is clearly a serious issue and SONOS should be prioritising to get this resolved.

I was about to buy some new speakers but I am not now. SONO please sort out the new app ASAP

Userlevel 1

It doesn’t sync my speakers.  There is a huge lag between adjusting volume and effect. Pressing pause or stop took more than 5 seconds to register. 

It’s utterly unintuitive and should never have been released. I can’t find out how to downgrade - surely this is possible?

I agree and it is terrible, song drop, speakers drop, app doesn’t load content, impossible to kill music in some speakers … when will Sonos fix it??? Grrr

It doesn’t sync my speakers.  There is a huge lag between adjusting volume and effect. Pressing pause or stop took more than 5 seconds to register. 

It’s utterly unintuitive and should never have been released. I can’t find out how to downgrade - surely this is possible?

Agreed! I have had all the same problems. Absolutely a nightmare! Sonos revert back please!! Can’t find any of my stations, speakers blaring can’t turn down volume, lags and some just don’t work at times. Horrible experience!

Userlevel 1

This app update is the absolute worst! I have spent a lot of money on Sonos speakers to build my system and this application update turned it into worthless crap. I am absolutely appalled by how Sonos is treating me and its community of users.

To the point, I’ve just bought 2 new Sonos One SL @250 EUR a piece, in addtion to my existing system and there is absolutely no way I can connect them. Error 1002, Error 1101, unspecified errors.. no connection. I’m fuming.

😡😡😡😡

As far as I am aware there has been no update from SONOS as to what, how and when this is going to be fixed. An entire population of SONOS users are screwed as there is no other option other than binning all my SONOS speakers as they are completely useless. ON TOP of this I keep getting emails in from SONOS trying to sell me new speakers…… Is there something wrong with them, buy new speakers that cannot be used… ARE THEY INSANE…… I have literally had enough of SONOS and wish I had never gone down the SONOS road….. WE HAVE ALL BEEN CONNED BY SONOS

As far as I am aware there has been no update from SONOS as to what, how and when this is going to be fixed. An entire population of SONOS users are screwed as there is no other option other than binning all my SONOS speakers as they are completely useless. ON TOP of this I keep getting emails in from SONOS trying to sell me new speakers…… Is there something wrong with them, buy new speakers that cannot be used… ARE THEY INSANE…… I have literally had enough of SONOS and wish I had never gone down the SONOS road….. WE HAVE ALL BEEN CONNED BY SONOS

Front and center, and above the fold on their support home page:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

First post ever here, felt compelled to join in the conversation though.

Just an absolute, complete utter DISASTER.  

I won’t reiterate point by point all the defects - they are all true. It’s unbelievable that a product ‘update’ could actually be this bad, and even more unbelievable that it passed whatever testing / QA and actually got released.  If I’m the CEO of Sonos, heads would be ROLLING.  

Absolute CRAP. Will be moving on from Sonos. How could you get it so wrong?

I have no control over my speakers, which plays what and where they want. I cant turn them off or on. They are draining my batteries. Even as I write this something weird has happened. What  a shame, I did love this system. Boo Sonos. Was this always the plan?

Me too,the apps aperance was orange Simble on my Samsung phone it updated and is now a black  simble. A good system that I have been using for years with no Drama, three linked speakers  a d now the most frustrating thing to try and use

I have a modern phone ,fantastic starlink internet  and  a peice of third world junk app. What have you done. Like others have posted unless this is rolled back or fixed I will have to get something else that works.Talk about a c*** up

And no communication to your customers putting your head in the sand won't help it will justice people who have your speakers start spreading the word that the speakers are crap,word of mouth will break your company.Unless I hear something I am going to start putting it out there that SONOS is unsupported rubbish.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Me too,the apps aperance was orange Simble on my Samsung phone it updated and is now a black  simble. A good system that I have been using for years with no Drama, three linked speakers  a d now the most frustrating thing to try and use

I have a modern phone ,fantastic starlink internet  and  a peice of third world junk app. What have you done. Like others have posted unless this is rolled back or fixed I will have to get something else that works.Talk about a cock up

And no communication to your customers putting your head in the sand won't help it will justice people who have your speakers start spreading the word that the speakers are crap,word of mouth will break your company.Unless I hear something I am going to start putting it out there that SONOS is unsupported rubbish.

Here’s the official statement:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates