New App is a Disaster!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

It doesn’t sync my speakers.  There is a huge lag between adjusting volume and effect. Pressing pause or stop took more than 5 seconds to register. 

It’s utterly unintuitive and should never have been released. I can’t find out how to downgrade - surely this is possible?

64 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It doesn’t sync my speakers.  There is a huge lag between adjusting volume and effect. Pressing pause or stop took more than 5 seconds to register. 

It’s utterly unintuitive and should never have been released. I can’t find out how to downgrade - surely this is possible?

It is just awful !! 

Userlevel 2

I have spent hard earned money on what was a great system 2 weeks ago. You new software is not working and now my system does not work. The fact that you have not come out to say anything is wrong and you will fix it shows a lack of leadership and trust.  I will not be buying any Sonos products in the future you have lost my trust.  

Userlevel 3

I just joined community so that I could agree - a TOTAL DISASTER!

Userlevel 3

For the love of God Sonos, Roll back this app now.

Your new update has turned my entire speaker collection into expensive doorstops.

It's nothing short of a freakin disgrace to expect loyal customers to put up with this nonsense any longer.

The last app was rubbish but at least it sorta kinda worked. What you've forced upon us this last week is a complete deal breaker. Take your new headphones and stick em where the sun don't shine. 

Userlevel 3

Below is a link for the precious app version

https://d.apkpure.com/b/APK/com.sonos.acr2?versionCode=780151031

Userlevel 2

For such a premium product this is a miserable attempt. The old app had some problems that could have been fixed. My system is defaulting to one speaker and won’t change. It’s now taking over my you tube on my I pad and blasts it out unexpectedly. Please allow a downgrade to the old app make it flawless and leave everything else alone. The new app looks like it was designed by a child. I was looking forward to the new ARC replacement but now I think I’ll pass. 

Userlevel 2

This is a disgrace. Please roll back and f you must “improve” the app, test it first.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I agree. This is an unmitigated disaster and has completely ruined my Sonos experience. I want the old one back. This is one of the worst disimprovements I've ever seen in any industry.

Userlevel 1

I sent an email to the CEO, let’s see if this works.  55 minute wait for phone support is unacceptable.  Chat is useless.  Mac app can’t find any of my Sonos products.  iphone app deleted my TuneIn radio app and won’t let me add it back.  My Ports are ethernet connected, how can they be “lost”?  I haven’t had a chance to “enjoy” the other enhancements since nothing works.  Worste upgrade I have ever experienced.

I sent an email to the CEO, let’s see if this works.  55 minute wait for phone support is unacceptable.  Chat is useless.  Mac app can’t find any of my Sonos products.  iphone app deleted my TuneIn radio app and won’t let me add it back.  My Ports are ethernet connected, how can they be “lost”?  I haven’t had a chance to “enjoy” the other enhancements since nothing works.  Worste upgrade I have ever experienced.

That “CEO” email is (like most public emails) just routed to a support person.  

Userlevel 1

I figured that.  Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

This is a disgrace. Please roll back and f you must “improve” the app, test it first.

Been asking them since 2 weeks ago.

REVERT BACK TO 16.1!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I agree. This is an unmitigated disaster and has completely ruined my Sonos experience. I want the old one back. This is one of the worst disimprovements I've ever seen in any industry.

They are digging their own graves

Userlevel 3

Well, it seems that I am not alone. My speakers don’t synch, one won’t turn off, the navigation is a nightmare. I have no idea whom to call to correct this. What happened and, more important, what is the plan to address this? Help!

Userlevel 3

I am also not one for putting me reviews in the public domain. Until now.

But s*** the bed. 

Sonos you have really dropped a turd with this one. 

The new app is shocking.  I loved listening to music but now the lag and the total randomness of this new app is shocking.  I selected a room and a track and it plays what it wants ,multiple times. Takes a life to load. 

I am very disappointed in you as a company. Honestly thought you did better.  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 3

I'm not computer savvy but I think it's time to start a petition against the new app. 

Userlevel 1

Are they working on this? Who knows, but if they have ANY interest in their customers they can't let this go on.  Techies and managers, get your arses in gear, you have made an OK ( it was never great) system into an unusable s*** show. My wind up radio has more functionality. Anyone got a crystal set?

Userlevel 2

$25 000 with of speakers in my home and they are Useless since doing this update, some speakers won’t stop blaring music unless I pull the power out, can’t group properly, can’t just volume, can’t make any of my favorite contlent play. I have reverted back to using my tv as a radio. How can Sonos destroy my 25k hardware investment with an update ? This made me aware of how at risk I am with this product… no more sales from me Sonos … I have been on hold for hours to try even get some kind of assurance 

Userlevel 2

How did this get though quality assurance ? Did Sonos outsource Developmnet and QA to the center for the mentally ill ? 

Userlevel 3

Can an authorized SONOS representative pls respond to the questions and issues raised above? And, please, given where seem to be, dispense with the ‘we are taking you seriously and we appreciate your feedback etc…’ Four very distinct questions:

1. Does SONOS agree that there are serious flaws in the last release?
  2. Does SONOS have an ‘all hands on deck’ team  in place to address these flaws?
  3. When are the ‘fixes’ going to be ready?
  4. In the interim, can SONOS provide a link to allow us to rollback to previous rev which seemed to work just fine?

thanks in advance, software’s a tough business and these things happen. the great companies and organizations can be distinguished by how they react and respond when something goes wrong.

Joe

Userlevel 3

What’s worse about the whole situation is hearing the CEO classifying the app release as a “courageous” move. Go fuck yourself. If by “courageous” you mean totally fucking stupid and alienating, you nailed it!

Userlevel 1

8 years I've had my two sonos speakers and never had a problem at all. Then some half wit decides to upgrade the app...its a total disaster. Where is the sleep feature? Where is the alarm feature. In fact the whole thing is useless now its slow and more complicated than ever. May well sell them on and buy a different brand if its not sorted out soon..

When I want to listen to music now I use my AirPods. It’s either that or spend 10 minutes trying to get the right audio playing in the right room. Thanks a lot, Sonos. Imagine if GM updated the Suburban by relocating the brake pedal to the front passenger side and hiding the gas pedal under the back seat. How courageous!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

What’s worse about the whole situation is hearing the CEO classifying the app release as a “courageous” move. Go fuck yourself. If by “courageous” you mean totally fucking stupid and alienating, you nailed it!

100% AGREE

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

8 years I've had my two sonos speakers and never had a problem at all. Then some half wit decides to upgrade the app...its a total disaster. Where is the sleep feature? Where is the alarm feature. In fact the whole thing is useless now its slow and more complicated than ever. May well sell them on and buy a different brand if its not sorted out soon..

I ve been using sonos since their 1st product connect and connectamp. Loved them but NOW I HATE SONOS