Answered

Amazon Music "My Albums" list only shows first five albums (I have more than 300)

Userlevel 1

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

icon

Best answer by Tom J 22 June 2023, 20:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Interesting, I see the same truncation to five albums on the Sonos PC app and iOS, S1 and S2, but it works fine on my Windows app. I can guess what the cause is, so you’ll have to wait for Amazon to fix it.

Userlevel 1

Hi controlav, thanks for your response.  I’m relieved that it’s not just me 😀  Are you suggesting that Amazon’s music service API is broken right now?

Yes, I’m only seeing 5 albums too - must be broken at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi controlav, thanks for your response.  I’m relieved that it’s not just me 😀  Are you suggesting that Amazon’s music service API is broken right now?

Yes, look like Amazon SMAPI service is restricting the list to five when called by the official Sonos apps. However the limit is not in place when used from other Sonos apps (which is weird, I’ll admit).

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm seeing the same thing - My Music > Albums or Artists = 5, but I think I'm seeing all Tracks. I tried deleting and re-adding the service in the Android Sonos app but that did nothing.

Userlevel 1

Just finished a live chat with Sonos customer service.  The agent said he would pass on my description of the problem (including controlav’s observation about the Amazon SMAPI service -- thanks again for that!) to their engineering team, but suggested as a workaround that I use the Amazon Music app, and tell it to use my Sonos device as a speaker via Bluetooth or AirPlay.  I guess that would work, but it’s not nearly as convenient as using the Sonos app.

My advice, if you’re affected by this, is to contact Sonos customer service.  The more people raise this issue with them, the harder it is for them to ignore.

But problematic, if as @controlav suggests, it is something that Amazon needs to fix. I’m sure putting pressure on Sonos is all well and fine, but if the engineering effort isn’t on Sonos’ side, it may not be as beneficial as you might hope. It may be more helpful to register your concerns directly with Amazon.

There’s certainly no rush from my own personal perspective - I’m happy to use Amazon direct control via ‘Connect’ in the Amazon Music App, so it’s not that big an issue. I guess it will be fixed by Amazon, or whoever, at some point.

Userlevel 1

Ken, it’s good that you’re not affected, but some of us have older Sonos products that don’t support AirPlay, so they are now just inert white bricks.

Ken, it’s good that you’re not affected, but some of us have older Sonos products that don’t support AirPlay, so they are now just inert white bricks.

I’m not using Airplay? - I’ll will just be using Amazon Music App ‘Connect’ (direct) connection. I very rarely use Airplay2 when there’s a direct connection available.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-audio-to-sonos-from-another-app

Userlevel 2
Badge

Having the same issue here. If i open tracks view, all are present but only five albums are showing in the album view

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GingerDavid 

Thank you for reporting. We are investigating, but do not have an estimate for when a resolution will be actioned.

Userlevel 1

@Corry P Thanks for confirming that Sonos is aware of the issue. You may want to take note of the earlier comment by @controlav re the Amazon SMAPI service only restricting the album list to five items when the client device is Sonos, and not otherwise.  So the API does work correctly, just not for Sonos apps. Your engineers should be able to work with that as a pointer to what needs fixing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GingerDavid 

Thanks! SMAPI is short for Sonos Music Application Programming Interface, so I think our engineers are probably “all over it” 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Same issue here... Let's hope this gets sorted soon as the work around using the Amazon App doesn't work for me. 

Same issue here... Let's hope this gets sorted soon as the work around using the Amazon App doesn't work for me. 

The albums are definitely accessible via the Amazon Music App and ‘Connect’ (API) should allow you to play them ‘direct’ to your speakers from the Amazon servers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The albums are definitely accessible via the Amazon Music App and ‘Connect’ (API) should allow you to play them ‘direct’ to your speakers from the Amazon servers.

Yeah all my music is still there... Not worried about that... But you can't play "direct" from the Android app though as the Sonos system doesn't show up in casting…

In the meantime, in the Sonos App, you just have to look for a song from the album you want to listen to and them open the album from there. It's a bit tedious but it works...

Yeah all my music is still there... Not worried about that... But you can't play "direct" from the Android app though as the Sonos system doesn't show up in casting…

In the meantime, in the Sonos App, you just have to look for a song from the album you want to listen to and them open the album from there. It's a bit tedious but it works...

Not sure why you choose to refer to ‘casting’ here, as I’m referring to Amazon Music App (API) direct connection. It doesn’t matter if you are using Android or iOS … here’s a few screenshots from my Android tablet and all Sonos speakers are available on my android device via the Amazon Music App from the Google Play store. Each of my Sonos speakers are listed to ‘connect’ and play any albums from my library to any/all my Sonos devices.

‘Casting’ is an entirely different connection method.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This is clearly an Amazon issue. Let’s hope they fix it soon (although yes, there are workarounds).

We could all embarrass ourselves by listing the five albums we have available……

My first album is 1989 by Taylor Swift 😂 While I bought this for my daughter, I will acknowledge that it’s a very fine album and so I’m not really too embarrassed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Not sure why you choose to refer to ‘casting’ here, as I’m referring to Amazon Music App (API) direct connection. It doesn’t matter if you are using Android or iOS … here’s a few screenshots from my Android tablet and all Sonos speakers are available on my android device via the Amazon Music App from the Google Play store. Each of my Sonos speakers are listed to ‘connect’ and play any albums from my library to any/all my Sonos devices.

‘Casting’ is an entirely different connection method.

Lucky you.... my app doesn't list anything other than my TV 😢

Sure glad Sonos offers other music services. Versatility!

I’m having the same issue only show the first five albums. Tracks are okay. Same issue with MACOS and Android.

I too am having the same issue here. I have put a message on the relevant Amazon Forum, so hopefully something will happen in the not too distant future, as I find this problem somewhat frustrating.

Ok, I am dealing with basically the same issue, but on all Apple devices (i.e. iPhone, tablets). All of my music is there and can be played in Tracks, but both Albums and Artists show only 5 entries. This problem just started a week to 10 days ago, otherwise, has worked just fine in the past. I spoke to Sonos today and they said they would get with their Tech folks and get back to me. I also spoke to Amazon and they are asking me to re-pair all my devices, which I will try later today. I’m still confused as to if this is an Amazon issue or Sonos issue.

All indications, including information from a reliable third party programmer who works on his own Sonos clients, is that it’s Amazon who are not sending any data beyond the 5 items to the Sonos controller. 

And if it truly were a Sonos issue, all services, not just Amazon, would be equally affected.