Answered

Amazon Music "My Albums" list only shows first five albums (I have more than 300)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

So, what is the implied fix? So far in my discussions with Amazon, no one has owned the issue or suggested a solution on their side. As mentioned, my issue started no more than 10 days ago, but appears others have had this issue over the last year or so. I’m not finding anyone who says this issue has gone away yet. Has anyone had issues with other music sources like Apple or Spotify? May be time for a switch to a another music source.

Quick follow up… spoke to Amazon and they implied they had no information on this issue, but would get it to their engineers and get me a response (no time table). I also got an email back from Sonos stating “Our team is already working on this and we will inform you as soon as it gets resolved. No time frame is provided yet.” So, basically nothing!

Glad it’s not just me. Thought I was losing my tech marbles. Tempted to defect to another streaming service if Amazon don’t sort their 💩 out.

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

I have a similar issue my library from Amazon it shows just the first five albums , I have spoken to Amazon about this and they are investigating  ,but they they say people should contact them as they can't fix the issue unless they are aware of it .I've been promised a fix in 4 to 5 days. My full library shows in the Amazon app .

Yep, I have the same issue.

Albums and Artists 

Hopefully, you contacted Amazon, as suggested in the post before yours. 

I’ve told Amazon, I’ll see where I get with it.

I'm glad I found all your comments on this matter. Likewise, I only show the first 5 albums in the Amazon Music on my Sonos app, but in my Amazon Music account I have numerous albums. They just disappeared from Sonos app recently and I've been frustrated since. 

I'll also write to Amazon but thinking about an alternative music streaming service.

I'm glad I found all your comments on this matter. Likewise, I only show the first 5 albums in the Amazon Music on my Sonos app, but in my Amazon Music account I have numerous albums. They just disappeared from Sonos app recently and I've been frustrated since. 

I'll also write to Amazon but thinking about an alternative music streaming service.

You could just use the direct ‘Connect’ option to Sonos in the Amazon Music App until the fix is put in place, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

For those who are finding that their Sonos speakers do not appear as targets when trying to play from the Amazon Music app....…

You have to have Alexa enabled in your Sonos system for the direct connection to work. You don't need to use Alexa, it's just that the direct connection uses some of Alexa's functionality. 

For those who are finding that their Sonos speakers do not appear as targets when trying to play from the Amazon Music app....…

You have to have Alexa enabled in your Sonos system for the direct connection to work. You don't need to use Alexa, it's just that the direct connection uses some of Alexa's functionality. 

Ah that’s a school day for me @John B - I didn’t know that was necessary for direct control. Anyhow thanks for that info. 🙏

@John B 

Ah I’ve just seen the asterix * next to Amazon Music and the accompanying note in this support document…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-audio-to-sonos-from-another-app

Anyhow thanks for that info. John 👍 .. I missed that requirement.

Thanks for that reference Ken. It's helpful because it gives a more precise definition of what is required than I did.  It states:

"The Sonos skill must be enabled in the Alexa app to stream to voice-enabled Sonos products"

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

I have a similar issue my library from Amazon it shows just the first five albums , I have spoken to Amazon about this and they are investigating  ,but they they say people should contact them as they can't fix the issue unless they are aware of it .I've been promised a fix in 4 to 5 days. My full library shows in the Amazon app .

Hi, David, could you post the appropriate link please for Amazon 

Hopefully, you contacted Amazon, as suggested in the post before yours. 

Thanks Bruce, I was not sure if it was Amazon or Sonos issue. It all got a bit tech for me.

Can someone from Sonos please confirm you are working with Amazon to FIX this…..  Its ridiculous, some engineer should just need to do a few clicks to straighten this mess out!

Can someone from Sonos please confirm you are working with Amazon to FIX this…..  Its ridiculous, some engineer should just need to do a few clicks to straighten this mess out!

Sonos Staff have acknowledged they are aware, earlier in the thread, but can’t give a timescale on the fix, which I assume means it’s an Amazon issue and I guess it’s not a priority if there own customers are not reporting the issue to Amazon - I guess though it’s on their to-do list. Even if it is Sonos that need to fix this, we would have to wait for the next round of updates, as no doubt the updates and bug-fixes go out as a batch - let’s see what happens after the next Sonos update, or see if Amazon fix it before then. There is a workaround, at least for now, as discussed earlier in the thread too.

Userlevel 1

I encountered this issue for the first time this week.  I could not get answers to the following from the Sonos person I spoke with:

• Cause of the problem.
  • Who is working the problem (Amazon, Sonos, Both).
  • ETA for resolution.

I think some consistent follow-up will be needed to get this solved. First time Sonos support could not resolve an issue for me (multi-year customer).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I encountered this issue for the first time this week.  I could not get answers to the following from the Sonos person I spoke with:

• Cause of the problem.
  • ETA for resolution.

I think some consistent follow-up will be needed to get this solved. First time Sonos support could not resolve an issue for me (multi-year customer).

Cause of the problem: some weird change on the Amazon SMAPI server

Who is working on it: Amazon (hopefully, if enough people complain)

ETA: I’m guessing you don’t work in the software development area.

Userlevel 1

Yes, not involved in software development but something suddenly changed and hoping it could be identified and addressed fairly soon. Will follow up with Amazon, but I would also hope Sonos would actively engage on our behalf. Whatever time it takes, I don’t think a periodic update on what is being done is unreasonable. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have the same problem with just the first 5 Amazon Albums showing in my Sonos app. I contacted Amazon and they said no problem with them and to contact Sonos. Waiting for an agent to become available. Has anyone found out what the problem is?

I am also having the same issue, only five albums displaying. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

• Cause of the problem.
  • ETA for resolution.

Cause of the problem: some weird change on the Amazon SMAPI server

Who is working on it: Amazon (hopefully, if enough people complain)

ETA: I’m guessing you don’t work in the software development area.

I'm guessing you don't work in customer service 🤓

This is so frustrating.  Amazon say it is not their problem. So why is nobody from Sonos doing anything. Should I regret buying Sonos for my kitchen, living room, terrace,  bedroom and bathroom. Huge investment and now disappointed.  On the other hand if it is the fault of Amazon I will switch to another service like Spotify. We just need to know who is the problem Sonos or Amazon!!!

I have the same issue - only five Amazon albums and artists show up on the Sonos App, but all the tracks are there. This is pathetic.

I also had the recent issue with the S1 controller not showing anything when you tried to add Amazon via the “add service” feature on the app. Had to start using the S2 app to use a service that just worked for many years until last weekend…

I paid a fortune for my Sonos system and have an Amazon music unlimited sub. When this stuff doesn’t work, it is a pain. 

Less than impressed with both Amazon and Sonos. Glad I have my home server and my regular hifi system. If this is future of music listening, I am so happy to have all my physical vinyl and CDs.