Answered

Amazon Music "My Albums" list only shows first five albums (I have more than 300)

Userlevel 1

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

icon

Best answer by Tom J 22 June 2023, 20:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

This is clearly an Amazon issue. Let’s hope they fix it soon (although yes, there are workarounds).

We could all embarrass ourselves by listing the five albums we have available……

My first album is 1989 by Taylor Swift 😂 While I bought this for my daughter, I will acknowledge that it’s a very fine album and so I’m not really too embarrassed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GingerDavid 

Thank you for reporting. We are investigating, but do not have an estimate for when a resolution will be actioned.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem here.
Just talked to Amazon. They forwarded me several times until I talked to somebody from technical support (I think). Though he swore, that everything is fine on Amazons side and that it „surely is a problem on Sonos side“, he promised to escalate the topic to the technical department. 

In my opinion, since this is a problem in the interface between Sonos and Amazon, they need to work on a solution together. 
It cannot be the task of the customer to figure out who’s responsible. 
And the fact, that the Amazon service is on green on the Sonos page shows, that even Sonos doesn’t take this problem serious. 

Userlevel 1

I too am having the same issue here. I have put a message on the relevant Amazon Forum, so hopefully something will happen in the not too distant future, as I find this problem somewhat frustrating.

For those who are finding that their Sonos speakers do not appear as targets when trying to play from the Amazon Music app....…

You have to have Alexa enabled in your Sonos system for the direct connection to work. You don't need to use Alexa, it's just that the direct connection uses some of Alexa's functionality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GingerDavid 

Thanks! SMAPI is short for Sonos Music Application Programming Interface, so I think our engineers are probably “all over it” 😁

Userlevel 1

There was a Sonos update yesterday and this issue appears to be solved. I am seeing all the artists and album titles now. Check if you have not had an opportunity.

Thanks to all of you for engaging and everyone at Sonos who worked to fix this!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Same issue here... Let's hope this gets sorted soon as the work around using the Amazon App doesn't work for me. 

I’m having the same issue only show the first five albums. Tracks are okay. Same issue with MACOS and Android.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi all

To confirm, we now consider this issue resolved.

Thanks for that reference Ken. It's helpful because it gives a more precise definition of what is required than I did.  It states:

"The Sonos skill must be enabled in the Alexa app to stream to voice-enabled Sonos products"

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I encountered this issue for the first time this week.  I could not get answers to the following from the Sonos person I spoke with:

• Cause of the problem.
  • Who is working the problem (Amazon, Sonos, Both).
  • ETA for resolution.

I think some consistent follow-up will be needed to get this solved. First time Sonos support could not resolve an issue for me (multi-year customer).

Cause of the problem: some weird change on the Amazon SMAPI server

Who is working on it: Amazon (hopefully, if enough people complain)

ETA: I’m guessing you don’t work in the software development area.

I'm guessing you don't work in customer service 🤓

Userlevel 1

@Corry P Thanks for confirming that Sonos is aware of the issue. You may want to take note of the earlier comment by @controlav re the Amazon SMAPI service only restricting the album list to five items when the client device is Sonos, and not otherwise.  So the API does work correctly, just not for Sonos apps. Your engineers should be able to work with that as a pointer to what needs fixing.

I have the same issue - only five Amazon albums and artists show up on the Sonos App, but all the tracks are there. This is pathetic.

I also had the recent issue with the S1 controller not showing anything when you tried to add Amazon via the “add service” feature on the app. Had to start using the S2 app to use a service that just worked for many years until last weekend…

I paid a fortune for my Sonos system and have an Amazon music unlimited sub. When this stuff doesn’t work, it is a pain. 

Less than impressed with both Amazon and Sonos. Glad I have my home server and my regular hifi system. If this is future of music listening, I am so happy to have all my physical vinyl and CDs. 

Badge

Success! Everything is where it’s supposed to be. I would like to add my thanks as well. 

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

I have a similar issue my library from Amazon it shows just the first five albums , I have spoken to Amazon about this and they are investigating  ,but they they say people should contact them as they can't fix the issue unless they are aware of it .I've been promised a fix in 4 to 5 days. My full library shows in the Amazon app .

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Interesting, I see the same truncation to five albums on the Sonos PC app and iOS, S1 and S2, but it works fine on my Windows app. I can guess what the cause is, so you’ll have to wait for Amazon to fix it.

Yes, I’m only seeing 5 albums too - must be broken at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi controlav, thanks for your response.  I’m relieved that it’s not just me 😀  Are you suggesting that Amazon’s music service API is broken right now?

Yes, look like Amazon SMAPI service is restricting the list to five when called by the official Sonos apps. However the limit is not in place when used from other Sonos apps (which is weird, I’ll admit).

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm seeing the same thing - My Music > Albums or Artists = 5, but I think I'm seeing all Tracks. I tried deleting and re-adding the service in the Android Sonos app but that did nothing.

Hopefully, you contacted Amazon, as suggested in the post before yours. 

But problematic, if as @controlav suggests, it is something that Amazon needs to fix. I’m sure putting pressure on Sonos is all well and fine, but if the engineering effort isn’t on Sonos’ side, it may not be as beneficial as you might hope. It may be more helpful to register your concerns directly with Amazon.

I’ve told Amazon, I’ll see where I get with it.

There’s certainly no rush from my own personal perspective - I’m happy to use Amazon direct control via ‘Connect’ in the Amazon Music App, so it’s not that big an issue. I guess it will be fixed by Amazon, or whoever, at some point.

Sure glad Sonos offers other music services. Versatility!