Answered

Amazon Music "My Albums" list only shows first five albums (I have more than 300)

Userlevel 1

The Sonos app on my Android phone and on my iPad are both showing only the first five albums in my Amazon Music library “My Albums” view (Browse => Amazon Music => My Music => Albums), out of more than 300 that should be visible.  I tried (1) forcing the app to stop and re-starting it, then (2) re-authorising Amazon in the Sonos app on my phone, but the problem persists.  My 300+ albums are still there in my Amazon Music account, because I can see them in the Amazon Music app.  Why does the Sonos app only show the first five?  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a fix?

icon

Best answer by Tom J 22 June 2023, 20:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

Badge

I’m also having this issue except I have SIX Amazon albums showing on the Sonos App. Lucky me. I use the S2 controller. Everything was fine until last week. I’ve tried all the suggested fixes…uninstall/reinstall the app, reauthorize the account, disable/enable the Sonos skill on Alexa. Not much left to do but wait for Amazon or Sonos to get this sorted out. All albums show on my Amazon Music app as well as on my WiiM Pro Streamer. I like Amazon Music Unlimited and don’t want to switch services. Time will tell.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have contacted Amazon again and supplied screen shots. etc.  I get the feeling because not many people are complaining about this topic that it will be classed as not urgent.  I will give it until the end of next week then try and get some help from other organisations.

Userlevel 1

Same problem here.
Just talked to Amazon. They forwarded me several times until I talked to somebody from technical support (I think). Though he swore, that everything is fine on Amazons side and that it „surely is a problem on Sonos side“, he promised to escalate the topic to the technical department. 

In my opinion, since this is a problem in the interface between Sonos and Amazon, they need to work on a solution together. 
It cannot be the task of the customer to figure out who’s responsible. 
And the fact, that the Amazon service is on green on the Sonos page shows, that even Sonos doesn’t take this problem serious. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the update, I could be very synical and suggest that neither parties are really interested as Amazon has a new Echo system out and Sonos the new Era 300, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Got the same and only 5 artists as well 

thankfully I only have free Amazon music and just use playlists which is unaffected atm

i am going to subscribe to Qobuz next month when my Apple Music runs out as I don’t listen to atmos music hopefully they will keep things working better than Amazon and google

Is there anyone from Sonos looking into and solving this problem?

Userlevel 1
Badge

No news from either Sonos or Amazon.  I would like to know if Sonos Techinical department have retested their speakers to see if they have the same problem as customers who have already purchased their speaker, or is Sonos just saying it is nothing to do with us speak to Amazon.?

I am definitely not an expert but I believe this is a problem with the Sonos application and the interface with Amazon music. It is not an issue with the Sonos hardware. I have been using my Sonos system with Amazon music for over a year no problem until a few weeks ago the album list just disappeared from the Sonos app. However all the albums are still in the Amazon music library and can be played by connecting direct from Amazon music. So it is definitely a disconnect between Amazon music and the Sonos app. Amazon have told me it is not their problem and to speak to Sonos. Why should we as  customers of both companies have to sort this out!!! Sonos are you seeing this chat please do something.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I totally agree with you, but neither party seems interested in helping their customers.

I totally agree with you, but neither party seems interested in helping their customers.

IIRC Sonos hasn’t released an update since the issue here gathered pace, as they tend to put together bug fixes and updates across the board and release an update every 6 weeks or so. I would just wait and see if the fix is in the next update. Although some say that Amazon are the ones that need to fix this, but we’ll have to wait and see.

The important thing is to report the issue to both Sonos and Amazon. Amazon may see it as a lesser priority perhaps, as it works fine in their own App and the albums can be sent by ‘direct control’ to Sonos devices in most cases. I’m sure though this will get fixed at some point, despite the mentioned workaround.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks for your information, I will do as you suggest and wait a while to see what happens.  Both Amazon and Sonos have been aware of the problem for a while now, lets see what they can resolve.

There was a Sonos update yesterday and this issue appears to be solved. I am seeing all the artists and album titles now. Check if you have not had an opportunity.

Thanks to all of you for engaging and everyone at Sonos who worked to fix this!

Userlevel 1

Can confirm, problem is solved.

For me the issue persisted after the app update yesterday, but was solved after a firmware update of the speakers, that came in today.

Badge

Success! Everything is where it’s supposed to be. I would like to add my thanks as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can confirm, problem is solved.

For me the issue persisted after the app update yesterday, but was solved after a firmware update of the speakers, that came in today.

The fix was from Amazon. I haven’t updated anything and all of a sudden it works again.

Userlevel 1

The problem appears to be solved.  Meanwhile, I spent last weekend downloading the albums I listen to most often onto my home Linux box, where I run a private fileserver that my Sonos system is able to access.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can confirm that I can now see all of my albums.  Many thanks to Amazon and Sonos.

Yes me too all albums restored. Much relieved so thanks to all involved.

Me too. All seems to be working as it should. Whoever sorted it out...Well done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi all

To confirm, we now consider this issue resolved.