Answered

Amazon Music

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I live in Japan and my iphone is set up using English.

Since I use Amazon Prime Japan, I tried to use Amazon Music. The Sonos app will only take me to Amazon Music USA. Since Amazon Prime Japan membership is not valid for Amazon Prime US, I cannot complete the setup. 

Is there a way around this?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 May 2023, 10:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BCD 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please visit https://www.sonos.com/login and use your Sonos account to log in. On the resulting page, please scroll down and ensure the Country under Address is set to Japan.

Once changed, close and restart the Sonos app and try adding Amazon Music once more.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

Country is set to Japan for my Sonos account and double checked that all the other information is correct,

Can play Amazon Music on my PC.

When I select Amazon Music on the Sonos app, this is what is displayed:

“Your Amazon account is missing required information. Please go to Music.Amazon.com on a computer web browser and update your information. It may take several minutes for your account information to update.”

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BCD 

It sounds like you might have the service added even though it doesn’t work. Have you tried deleting the service and then adding it from a “blank slate”?

Alternatively, are you able to try from another device? Your PC perhaps? Please note that on the desktop Sonos App there’s currently an issue with adding a service from the main screen - please use the Manage menu.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

Uninstalled Sonos app on my iphone. Reinstalled and still unable to connect to Amazon Music.

Installed Sonos app on my WIndows PC. Message said during installation that firewall is properly configured, but could not find speaker on same WIFI network. Tried the troubleshooting as described on your website for Norton 360 and still could not find speaker.

I am able to access Amazon Music on my PC through the Amazon website and play music over my PC speakers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BCD 

Uninstalling the app is unlikely to have an affect as it is the speakers that remember your settings, not the app.

Please go to Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Music » Remove Account (assuming you see Amazon Music there at all).

Then, try adding once more.

In regards to your PC, I suspect that it thinks it’s connecting to a Public network - please ensure that it sees your local network as the Private type: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

Removed account and added it as you described, Same result.

i did notice on the bottom of the display when authorizing account, it first said amazon.com and then changed to na.account.amazon.com. My account is with amazon.co.jp in Japan. Could this be the problem?

On the PC - cannot find speaker when local network is private or public.

I was able to connect PC with speaker using bluetooth and could play music from Amazon music Japan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BCD 

“Your Amazon account is missing required information. Please go to Music.Amazon.com on a computer web browser and update your information. It may take several minutes for your account information to update.”

This message makes it seem like Amazon are just wanting some details filled-in. The error message may itself be erroneous, but have you tried contacting Amazon to see if there’s any details missing from your Amazon account?

i did notice on the bottom of the display when authorizing account, it first said amazon.com and then changed to na.account.amazon.com. My account is with amazon.co.jp in Japan. Could this be the problem?

It certainly could. Seeing as you are looking at a webpage at this point, have you tried altering the address so it points to the Japanese Amazon address? It would read “na.account.amazon.co.jp”.

On the PC - cannot find speaker when local network is private or public.

Then the reason your PC cannot connect with Sonos is likely due to firewall software, or an aspect of the network topology that I’m not aware of.

I hope this helps.