Answered

Alexa voice control has disappeared

• 21 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Yesterday my Sonos speakers all lost Alexa voice control. I’ve got a pair of Sonos Ones and a Beam, all up to date. I’ve had this a few times before but I don’t have the option to reinstall Alexa - I’m just seeing the Sonos voice control  option. Has anyone else noticed this? I’ve reinstalled the iOS app on my devices and restarted the speakers but no luck. Any ideas?

Alexa’s gone!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 December 2023, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Maybe check your online Sonos Profile and check it’s set to UK 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/myaccount/user/profile

Userlevel 1

Thanks. It is UK but made no difference. 

I can only think that something is perhaps blocking access to the service on your local network - maybe try different DNS server(s) on your router. Maybe try the Google DNS public servers 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Also check there is no security software running on your mobile, such as VPN client or Firewall.

I’m from the UK too and Alexa is working okay here - so my thoughts are it’s likely something ‘local’ to your own system/network-setup.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, but there was nothing changed at this end. It worked in the morning but when I returned in the evening it had gone and I can’t reinstall 🤔

Thanks, but there was nothing changed at this end. It worked in the morning but when I returned in the evening it had gone and I can’t reinstall 🤔

Then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter. 

Userlevel 1

And now it’s back! No idea why - I changed settings in the Alexa app and something must have done the trick. Mrs Nialli’s happy to have it working again - sh says Alexa’s the only thing in the house who listens to her!

And now it’s back! No idea why - I changed settings in the Alexa app and something must have done the trick. Mrs Nialli’s happy to have it working again - sh says Alexa’s the only thing in the house who listens to her!

ha ha 😂 glad it’s working now, but how strange eh?... Anyhow Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. 🎄