Skip to main content

Is there a way to remove Sonos Radio from the menus in the mobile and/or desktop apps?

It’s rather in the way, and since we already have Spotify, Amazon, Tunein, I really don’t need to add another service. Since it’s confusing for people to see it, and then be presented with a login box (why!?), I’d rather just hide the icon. Is there a way? If not, why not?

Neither Sonos Radio nor Tune in can be removed.  They are currently part of the base application.  It’s very unlikely that Sonos Radio would be removed.   A good solution, and a suggestion for the Sonos dev team, would be to be able to move the items in the music services list.  So you can have the most frequently used ones at the top.

Apparently, TuneIn can now be removed, as of S2. Clicking on Sonos Radio, I also get a remove account button.

OOh.  That’s new. Thank you Airgetlam. Just tried it and it does go.  if you then re add it it will go to the top of the list where it was before, under my music library.  Then the rest alphabetically.

Sonos Radio is uniquely marked as “Preload”, which means it gets priority in the default list of sources.

I find it offensive that Sonos Radio has appeared and cannot be removed. I have paid good money for this system and I don't want to be bothered by upselling. Sonos should make their money producing speakers not by sending spam to their own support base. 

Neither Sonos Radio nor Tune in can be removed.  They are currently part of the base application.  It’s very unlikely that Sonos Radio would be removed.   A good solution, and a suggestion for the Sonos dev team, would be to be able to move the items in the music services list.  So you can have the most frequently used ones at the top.

Thank you for the insight but it would be nice to have the option of removing Sonos Radio. There’s no way that I’m using Sonos’ crappy music service. I already despise their lack of customer support and horrible treatment of loyal customers. They can go pound sand. 

I, too, want to make Sonos Radio go away.  It’s a service I will never use.  I see no problem with it being included by default, but I have a BIG problem with my not being able to remove it.

I remember reading Sonos Radio can only be removed after authorizing it first?