Question

New App: how do I add songs to a playlist currently playing

Show first post

160 replies

Userlevel 1

How can you NOT add this feature for an update? That's absolute basic and was already in. Wtf...

Userlevel 1

This has to be one of the biggest gaffs ever, why put out an update that is such a retrograde step? This update does not offer something better than the previous version, if anything this is a step backwards. I’m getting really frustrated by this app, the simple functionality to play next or add to the end of the queue was what it was all about for me and how I created playlists. Sonos must think we’re all superstar DJ’s just thinking up playlists before we  actually play anything, not in this house. FFS WTF?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Time to sell my Sonos system if I cannot add songs to the system from my NAS drive by selecting albums and adding to the queue. The simplest system is now the most expensive Store High In Transit system

Userlevel 1

They said it took a lot of courage to move ahead with this upgrade. I think it took even more stupidity. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Userlevel 3

They said it took a lot of courage to go ahead with this upgrade. I think it took even more stupidity. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Agreed. Such a bummer that some of their best functionality is gone. I’ve read that reverting can be done on an android phone. Haven’t seen anything for Apple products yet though. 

how do i add songs to a specific playlist on the latest sonos app update (7th May update)

Userlevel 1

They said it took a lot of courage to move ahead with this upgrade. I think it took even more stupidity. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

I was wondering the same thing… otherwise all my Sonos gear will be on sale on EBay soon… 😒

Hi, does anyone know how I can combine 2 playlists or to add song without replacing the playlist? Omg this new update is so bad 

Userlevel 1

This upgrade is a disaster. How can you not be able to add music to a playlist??? Very basic function. I am extremely annoyed at this. Please get it sorted quickly.

Userlevel 1

New app blows chunks!  Can’t add or create a queue!  Stupid app update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I had an old version of the app on an old device and that didn’t work either. They’ve really gone to town to create expensive paper weights 

I created a Playlist but when a song is playing that I want to add and I tap : I don't get "ADD TO PLAYLIST " or any indication of being able to add it anywhere since the new app update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey SONOS.. fix this crap.  I guess you are all suffering from the Microsoft syndrome, rid features that are useful to the end user because someone who thought themselves intelligent thought it would be a great idea to deploy without the proper user acceptance.. seriously WTF! In what world did you think a simple feature as to add your custom lists or queue was going to be well received when you removed it, rather scary that your customer team and overpaid higher ups stamped this, then again you could care less about the customers so long they keep consuming your products.  Glad I am done once these things lifecycle .. time to start researching for the next streaming giant.

Userlevel 1

Not only can I not add songs to my Tidal playlists, I can’t even access my Tidal playlist that I’ve spent the last close to 10 years building. Fix this immediately Sonos or I will find equipment that suits my needs.

Userlevel 2

Same here. Stupid move to make. The only way to edit now is to use the program on my PC. Pain in the ass.

Userlevel 1

This is the most ridiculous update I’ve ever seen. The one reason I told people to move to SONOS was the functions you have removed. Sort this mess now! Someone needs to get fired. How can anyone at SONOS approve this update? What clown show are you running over there?

Userlevel 3

This is the most ridiculous update I’ve ever seen. The one reason I told people to move to SONOS was the functions you have removed. Sort this mess now! Someone needs to get fired. How can anyone at SONOS approve this update? What clown show are you running over there?

Same! Now those functions are gone. Such a FAIL. 

Userlevel 1

The feature I used the most, adding songs to a queue and saving to a playlist from my local library is no longer possible. Unbelievable. Did paid streaming services pay them off to eliminate this feature? BRING IT BACK!

Userlevel 3

This was such a dumb move. HUGE failure on their part. 

As a work around for now you can still add a single song via the desktop app (at least on mac, i haven’t tried windows). Hopefully they re-add this functionality later on.

Userlevel 1

From the so called “upgrade” of SONOS app (Android), I can’t add tracks to Deezer playlists anymore (only SONOS playlist is available)! Can you please restore this key feature to me!

Thanks

Userlevel 1

I was going round in circles trying to add a song to my son's playlist. Seems the update doesn't have that option. Why get rid of that? What a whole bucket of poop this app is now. Did they do any UX testing before releasing this? It's awful. Truly awful. It's not just the playlist problem either, it just isn't easy to navigate the app anymore. We've got a bunch of Sonos gear and now I want to sell it all because the app is so painful. 

Userlevel 1

They said it took a lot of courage to go ahead with this upgrade. I think it took even more stupidity. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Agreed. Such a bummer that some of their best functionality is gone. I’ve read that reverting can be done on an android phone. Haven’t seen anything for Apple products yet though. 

Ooh where did you read how yo revert to previous version? 

Userlevel 3

I was going round in circles trying to add a song to my son's playlist. Seems the update doesn't have that option. Why get rid of that? What a whole bucket of poop this app is now. Did they do any UX testing before releasing this? It's awful. Truly awful. It's not just the playlist problem either, it just isn't easy to navigate the app anymore. We've got a bunch of Sonos gear and now I want to sell it all because the app is so painful. 

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Userlevel 1

This is so dumb its unbelivable, that was like the only and obvious way really benefit from bringing multiple songs and services together in sonos - massive fail 

Seriously, my thoughts exactly! It’s a total WTF moment. Really, Sonos? Does anyone know if this is on the product roadmap to be added back? Or, is there a way to revert back to the previous iOS version. Knew I never should’ve updated it 😫 Praying some tech genius out there help us all find a way back until Sonos figures it out 🤦🏻‍♀️