Skip to main content

I currently own a Beam with two One SL's. I wish to connect my vinyl record player to my Sonos set-up  so i was thinking about getting a Sonos port. Now I read that the port does not support the sub or sub mini. Will I be able to connect a sub to my current set-up, and use that together with the port to listen to my vinyls? I do not own a separate sound system other than mentioned Sonos set-up.

The Sub will continue to be connected to your Beam, no changes. It will continue to ‘work’ when you’re sending the turntable input to that Sonos ‘room’, you have nothing to worry about when using the Port. 

Just to add to your comfort level, you’re conflating the fact that the Sub/Sub mini can’t be bonded to the Port directly, something you’re not going to be trying to do. Your Sub mini stays bonded to the Beam.

Thank you for your clear answer! I got confused when i read the sub doesn't support the port, but I am glad it is supported indirectly.

Thank you for your clear answer! I got confused when i read the sub doesn't support the port, but I am glad it is supported indirectly.

It's really not.  The Port Line-In is just a source, like a music library or radio station.  Like any other source on Sonos you can play it in any room.  Where the unsupported thing comes in is if you wanted the outputs on the Port to play with the Sub as one room.  That is unsupported.

If you use PORT as the input to a 3rd party amplifier or receiver, SUB/MINI is not supported in that Room. 

Based on the information provided, the individual wants to connect a vinyl record player to their existing Sonos setup, which includes a Beam and two One SLs. They're considering adding a Sonos Port to achieve this but are concerned about the Port's lack of support for a Sonos Sub or Sub Mini.

The main issue here seems to be whether they can add a Sub to their current setup and still use it in conjunction with the Sonos Port for vinyl playback.

If the Beam and One SLs are already set up as a home theater system, adding a Sonos Sub should be possible. The Sub would connect to the Beam, not the Port. Therefore, they should be able to use the Port to connect their vinyl player and still enjoy the added bass from the Sub.

In short, it seems like they should be able to achieve their desired setup without a problem.

Uhhh, that’s what we said, and much better than this ChatGPT nonsense.