Answered

Sonos in South Africa

• 18 July 2019
  • 6 replies

If I buy a Sonos one in the US will it and the Alexa functionality work in South Africa
icon

Best answer by Misfit 18 July 2019, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
[h4]Where is Amazon Alexa on Sonos available?[/h4]
Amazon Alexa is currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, and the United Kingdom

Doesn't look like it.

Source: Setting up Amazon Alexa on Sonos
What about whether the Sonos One speaker bought in the US will work in South Africa
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I'm unaware of the power ratings or outlets in South Africa. If they match the US, it should be fine.
Power ratings are 240 volts I see from other posts and Sonos specs that they have variable papers capabilities from 110 to 240 volts so should be fine
Badge

Hi, you can circumvent the geo lock by creating an amazon account and setting the location to the u.k or other supported country. I've not tested this as I use the google assistant to control my devices.

Hi, you can circumvent the geo lock by creating an amazon account and setting the location to the u.k or other supported country. I've not tested this as I use the google assistant to control my devices.

How did you manage to connect to the google assistant in South Africa? I’ve changed my Sonos profile to UK, but I still don’t have any voice services appearing.