Question

Alexa Skills lost

• 18 November 2017
  • 13 replies

LOVE the progress made with Alexa and Spotify.... name a song and a room and it plays!

It came at the cost of losing access to my Alexa Skills
“ The language you selected does not match your Amazon account settings. As a result, Alexa skills are not available. To get the best Alexa experience, please choose English (Canada) by selecting continue“.

A blue bar that says CONTINUE is below the above statement.
When I click on continue, it just takes me to a list of my devices which include fire sticks and my Sonos components.

Amazon support claims its a Sonos issue, I disagree.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Any response here? I have no clue how to get Sonos one to work. I also get the error

"The language you selected does not match your Amazon account settings. As a result, Alexa skills are not available. To get the best Alexa experience, please choose GERMAN by selecting continue"

But hitting "continue" doesn't help.

This sucks!!
I have the SAME issue. It will be fixed by the beginning of the new year according to replies I received
I have the same issue. Please let me know if anyone finds a fix for this. Thanks allot
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi all

A couple of questions:

1/ What country do you live in?
2/ What is your Amazon account location?

(The Sonos skill is currently only supported in the US, UK and Germany)
I live in Vienna, Austria.
However I am currently in Moscow Russia but the sonos is registered to my Austrian address.
Can I use it in English? I get a message that your language is not the same as your store language... verry annoying. Press continue nothing happens .
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I live in Vienna, Austria.
However I am currently in Moscow Russia but the sonos is registered to my Austrian address.
Can I use it in English? I get a message that your language is not the same as your store language... verry annoying. Press continue nothing happens .

Try setting the language to English but I'm not sure that it'll work. Did it work at home?
No did not work? Where can I set the language? Sonos app there is no way to set the language? Amazon alexa app? Also nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No did not work? Where can I set the language? Sonos app there is no way to set the language? Amazon alexa app? Also nothing.

Open your Sonos app on Android or iOS (not PC) and select your Play One. Select Voice Services and log into your Alexa account. You should now see the 'Wake Word language' setting, this gives you the ability to set it to English (US), English (UK) or German.
Yes I tried all language she always answers i cant understand right now...
I want to use it in wnglish...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The only thing I can suggest is to follow the steps in the answer to this post but I've not personally had this issue before, so I'm not sure if your physical location might also be an influence:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Hi all,

the issue apparently comes from Sonos selecting the Alexa language for your device based on your mobile phone settings. If you have a different mobile phone setting as language (in my case English US) than your amazon account (in my case German) the bespoke issue comes up. The language cannot be selected through Sonos App and is pre-set by the mobile phone settings --> Probably Sonos should fix that and instead ask the user which language to choose when initializing the device with Amazon Alexa or even better check automatically language of Amazon account and set language for voice recognition accordingly.

Following steps worked for me:

# Remove current Alexa set up for SonosOne:
- In Alexa account, select 'Settings'
- Select your device and 'Deregister' at the bottom
- In the Sonos app, select 'Settings', then 'Rooms' and then choose the room with your SonosOne
- Select Amazon Alexa and disable Alexa
- Power down the two Sonos 1's and then switch them back on and wait for them to boot;

# New installation
- Set your language of your phone to the right language (in my case German (Germany)).
- Install Voice recognition again with Alexa

--> Now should be possible to add the skill Sonos in Alexa :)

Cheers,
Joscha
FYI, physical location is NOT an issue... 😉