Answered

Brennan B3 or equivilant system to play CD or stored CD (ripped) to SONOS HD quality

• 21 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I would like to play CD’s or ripped CD’s to my SONOS system. Everyone answers JUST STREAM the music (GIVE UP playing ancient CD’s!) As SONOS has moved into the Ultra HD music environment, I would like to play a CD. The Port, Connect Five AMP all have multiple functions aside from connecting a CD player. I can use the DVD player through the TV, but that’s annoying. I just discovered the BRENNAN B3 and it does pretty much what I would like to do. Play CD, rip CDs and stream. 

Has anyone used and like the B3? Are there other high audio quality units like this. I have copied most of my CDs to WIndows PC in .WAV format. I would like to play this music and take advantage of the new quality levels of SONOS ARC, ERA300’s and SUB I purchased. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 October 2023, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I ripped my CD collection to lossless FLAC, stuck it on a NAS and play them from there. Far less hassle than swapping CDs out of cases, into a player, then back.

Most ant PC will let you rip CDs to your choice of lossless formats, one that offers compression will allow you to store more music and lessen the load on the Sonos data transfers when playing.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/supported-audio-formats-for-sonos-music-library?language=en_US

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wayne R 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Most posts here relating to Brennan are about the B2 - I can’t find any posts on the B3 specifically, but I don’t think you’d have any problems using it with your Sonos system - just set it up as a NAS drive and you should be good to go.

Please note that with your current setup you will not be able to play CD’s before ripping them - you would need an extra Sonos device with Line-In available (your Era 300s are not an option as they are configured as surrounds), and the Brennan B3 would also need an external DAC fitted as it has no line-out connection, but the Brennan B3 will allow you to play ripped CDs from it via the network to any and all of your Sonos devices.

In fact, their own product page mentions Sonos twice, which is a good sign.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Cory! 

I’m going back and forth with a SONOS speaker that has Line In VS B3. 

I’m learning how I can use speakers together in different rooms and that is helpful.

Wayne