Question

Sonos play 1. Should I buy one or two

• 22 January 2018
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I have the same experience as Ohnos - and the 800 number is a total waste of time; terminal hold is all you get. We bought 4 play ones and a 5. They worked fine for about a month, now they keep dropping. The way these are configured just blows when you have a really large house with multiple WAPs. I wish I had just used the homes pre-wire and bought Bose ceiling mounted speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With 8 Sonos units I would recommend always running Sonosnet not wifi only (meaning one unit hooked to router). That is what sets Sonos apart from any competitors - Sonosnet = reliability.

You don't seem to want advice though as you just want to complain about something that works perfectly for most everyone else.
Badge
Don’t waist your money! I have 8 of these things and wish I could return them all. If you finally get them working properly it won’t stay that way. They constantly cut out Sonos told me it was my Wi-Fi so 500$ router 160-170 mps both ways all the time still drops all the time?!?! I have spent many hrs trouble shooting with Sonos and now at the end of it all it is useless and not working. I feel this is the worst wirless speaker system on the market. Oh and watch out for the trolls from Sonos commenting that with just some more trouble shooting I would have fixed it BS! I have a lot of patients and know how but I am done with this Sonos crap!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think a single sounds good in a small room. As Kumar says it really comes down to if you want the true stereo separation. A single is going to be plenty room filling.

My Recommendation: Get 6 - one for every single room of the house.

Scratch that: One play:5 and 5 Play:1s

Ha ha. So true.

I started with one Play1. I now have 7.

And 2 Play 3s

And a Playbar

And a Sub

But joking aside. If you have a house and are just starting out and you can get a deal on buying more than 1 Play 1 you might as well go for it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think a single sounds good in a small room. As Kumar says it really comes down to if you want the true stereo separation. A single is going to be plenty room filling.

My Recommendation: Get 6 - one for every single room of the house.

Scratch that: One play:5 and 5 Play:1s
While the single unit will do a good job, if stereo sound is your thing get a pair, even in a small room.