Answered

Connecting Move to TV via Bluetooth

• 5 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I used to have a Sonos S1, and I loved the sound. It used it mainly to listen to music, but I really missed being able to play music from my laptop's browser (running MS Windows). So, now that I see that the Sonos Move includes the possibility to connect by Bluetooth, I am seriously considering to buy it.

The move seems to tick all my checkmarks: enough sound for a room, possibility to carry it around the house (including kitchen, 2 rooms, bathroom and balcony), and multiple wireless inputs.

However, I see that it cannot be connected directly to the TV via a wired connection (I have a Samsung QLED 65Q74T, 2020). On the other hand, the TV can use Bluetooth external speakers, and also has Airplay 2.

So, I have the following questions:

1. If I watch a movie on the TV and sync it via Bluetooth with the Move, will I have lip-sync delay?
  2. If the answer to number 1 is yes, should I buy a Sonos Beam, to connect via wire to the TV, and sync it with the Move? I have seen around contradictory information about this. Some say that to watch a movie, the Move will some delay when connected to a Beam. 

I do not want surround sound, and I just would like to explore the possibility of the TV having a beefier sound. I think that even if the Move does not work with a TV setup, I will buy it anyway, because of all the possibilities that it brings. 

I was thinking about having a Symfonisk lamp in the main bedroom too. I accept other suggestions though :) 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 June 2021, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you connect the TV to the Move over Bluetooth or AirPlay, you should not experience an audio delay. But if you connect a Beam to your TV and group the Move with the Beam, you will experience a very slight delay from the Move.

If you want a “beefier” sound from the TV, a Sonos soundbar like a Beam or an Arc would be the better choice over a Move. But the Move is a great portable music speaker.

If you connect the TV to the Move over Bluetooth or AirPlay, you should not experience an audio delay. But if you connect a Beam to your TV and group the Move with the Beam, you will experience a very slight delay from the Move.

If you want a “beefier” sound from the TV, a Sonos soundbar like a Beam or an Arc would be the better choice over a Move. But the Move is a great portable music speaker.

Thanks for answering! You rock!