Answered

Connect Sonos Move with Playbar and Sonos One SL

• 6 February 2021
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi there,

im new to Sonos, so please have mercy with maybe stupid questions.

Im about to move into another Appartment and want to upgrade my current sound System. Right now i have big Towers which are looking very ugly and i want to buy some sonos to make a more decent looking living room.

So we are planning to be a lot in the garden and on the terrace so i thought of the Sonos Move.

My thoughts are to buy a Sonos Playbar to be placed infront of the TV. On the right side a Sonos One SL and on the left side a Sonos Move. If i want to hear music outside i can just pick up the one Sonos Move and take it outside.

Is this setup possible? Can i connect all 3 Together to my TV? Is the Sonos Move on the left side good enough for the right side Sonos One SL in sound comparison?

Hopefully you can help me :-)

icon

Best answer by Paul A 6 February 2021, 16:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @snux.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand where you’re coming from, let me help you out.

Let us go through these FAQs to better understand and before deciding what and how to proceed.

1. Sonos S2 compatibility - to know what devices work with s1 only, s2 only,  or can both work with either s1 and s2 Sonos App.

2. How to create a stereo pair - to know how stereo pairs work as they have the same rules when adding Sonos Speakers as surrounds (need 2 Sonos device of the same model). Your Sonos One Sl and Sonos Move cannot be used to create a stereo pair and therefore cannot be used to add as surrounds unless what you have is 2 Sonos One Sl. The Sonos Move can be set up for stereo pair but not in bluetooth mode.

3. Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater - to have an idea on how to add surrounds once you have decided what Sonos home theater speaker to pursue.

4. Surround sound guidelines and limitations - to be able to understand what Sonos devices can be used as surrounds to your Sonos Playbar.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

thanks my issue has been fixed.