Answered

Upgraded from a BT Hub 1 to BT hub 2 and having real problems upgrading my Sonos System to accomodation thechange in network

• 17 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I updated my BT Hub 1 to a BT Hub 2 today. I cannot upgrade the SONOS system to work. I have 4 speakers, 2 x Sonos One set up as Living Room and 2 x Sonos PLAY:1  as Kitchen. I have seen the topic related to connection issues with the BT Smart Hub 2 from April 2021, but have checked the firmware level and it is V0.31.00.10253-BT, so well up from the problematic firmware.

I did manage to get the two Sonos One’s set up, but the 2 x PLAY:1’s arent having any of it. The SONOS app only recognises one of the speakers and wont upgrade either.

Is it possible to do a clean install? I did remove and reinstall the app, but the config still seems to be present.

icon

Best answer by TheDirger 18 December 2022, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. There used to be a setting called "wireless mode" that caused problems with BT hubs. If you can find that and experiment with the value it might help.  That is a bit speculative though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have a BT Smart Hub 2 and my Sonos players work without any adjustment to the settings.  I have however reserved the IP addresses for all of my connected devices. This avoids the risk of duplicate IP addresses.  Please see my post here.

Did you change the SSID and password of your new hub to match your old one? 🤔 Your devices should then just reconnect.

No I didnt  (should have thought of that!). I finally managed to get the PLAY:1 connected by hardwiring to the new hub. I suspect the reason I had problems was that their was an update needed before it would connect.. all sorted now. Thanks for the comment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Given the historic issues with BT Hubs, you seem to be a glutton for punishment. Can you not put these piles into Bridge mode and then use a quality router instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Given the historic issues with BT Hubs, you seem to be a glutton for punishment. Can you not put these piles into Bridge mode and then use a quality router instead?

I must admit I had an expensive router on order when my FTTP was installed last year and only connected the Smart Hub 2 to ensure it all worked.  Especially as one of my techie hobbies is my Smart Home and I have circa 110 network connected devices.

However, I cancelled my router order as the Smart Hub 2 has performed much better than I expected and with no issues to date. 🤞