Skip to main content

I’m using Sonos for years in my house. Besides the app update which was a total joke of course, why do we have to set an alarm to just play radio all day? Why can’t we just let it play music from a set up time for a set up number or hours? And a if it disconnects it reconnects automatically again? Why all the hassle with the alarms? I have done EVERYTHING possible to let my Play:1’s and One SL have the very best connection possible. Wifi is turned off, all speakers are wired connected to my router (NO duplicate IP’s no) but it does not matter. The times the radio plays all day without stopping, in one year time, are possible to count on 2 hands. Play on all grouped rooms? Yeah right hahahaha. What a f****** joke that is. The software behind the Sonos equipment must be developed by some r****** on a lazy sunday afternoon. You cannot be serious about this being sold worldwide and not get bankrupt because people won’t buy your stuff anymore.

The Sonos signal, I cannot hear it anymore without getting really really annoyed about it. Hard wired speakers connected to a router to fiber internet. And still Sonos is not able just to play music all day, as requested. I have 2 simple requests: just let us play radio without setting an alarm and having to hear the Sonos signal when it somehow disconnects. Secondly, just let the speaker try to reconnect unlimited to the service which is so called out of service untill it gets back again. How hard can that be? 

Spend thousends of euro’s on the Sonos equipment but the software behind it really makes me cry. The thousends of euro’s spend stops me from buying other speakers. Otherwise I would have burned it all and made other choices.

I have made a diag info supportnumber: ***********, so maybe someone is able to tell me why it stops every f****** time

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct, and diagnostics number recorded and removed.

Hi @banne , thanks for your post and welcome to the Sonos Community.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced these playback issues with your system, I assure you that this is not what we would expect performance-wise from any of our products. Regarding playing radio for long periods of time, it is true that many services when playing through Sonos have a ‘timeout’ where they will stop playback after a number of hours. While we don’t currently have an option to set music to play indefinitely I can mark this topic as a feature request in order to pass on this request to our development team.

With regards to your playback issues, I see looking at the diagnostic that the system is reporting a network issue known as a ‘network loop’. This can happen in situations with multiple wired Sonos components but there should be a solution for it. If the Sonos speakers are not too far from each other in the house then one option would be to actually re-enable wireless on every speaker, then remove the ethernet connections from all but one speaker, which would simplify the way Sonos is connecting to the home network.

Another option would relate to the hardware Sonos is wired to. If there is a network switch between Sonos and the main router we would want to ensure that the feature ‘STP’ is enabled on that device. Sonos supports either Classic STP or Rapid STP options, and the method of checking and enabling these options will depend on the manufacturer of the device.

I hope this information helps, if you are unsure how to check for these setting or find that they do not help the situation then I would recommend reaching out to our technical support who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Hi @banne , thanks for your post and welcome to the Sonos Community.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced these playback issues with your system, I assure you that this is not what we would expect performance-wise from any of our products. Regarding playing radio for long periods of time, it is true that many services when playing through Sonos have a ‘timeout’ where they will stop playback after a number of hours. While we don’t currently have an option to set music to play indefinitely I can mark this topic as a feature request in order to pass on this request to our development team.

With regards to your playback issues, I see looking at the diagnostic that the system is reporting a network issue known as a ‘network loop’. This can happen in situations with multiple wired Sonos components but there should be a solution for it. If the Sonos speakers are not too far from each other in the house then one option would be to actually re-enable wireless on every speaker, then remove the ethernet connections from all but one speaker, which would simplify the way Sonos is connecting to the home network.

Another option would relate to the hardware Sonos is wired to. If there is a network switch between Sonos and the main router we would want to ensure that the feature ‘STP’ is enabled on that device. Sonos supports either Classic STP or Rapid STP options, and the method of checking and enabling these options will depend on the manufacturer of the device.

I hope this information helps, if you are unsure how to check for these setting or find that they do not help the situation then I would recommend reaching out to our technical support who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

So what you actually say is that Sonos cannot handle the best possible connection; LAN cable connected…? The reason I connected the LAN cables is because the very same problem appeared on WIFI connection. I putted lan cables in every single room in the house to have the best possible connection and now you say that was a bad choice. Fml