Answered

Sonos one sl

• 15 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I have two sonos one SL speakers which are paired as system surround for my Sonos Arc and Sub. I own this system for almost two years now. I noticed recently that sonos one sl speakers disappeared from showing up under my system. I still can connect to them through music streaming apps but they are not stereo paired anymore and shown as two separate speakers. 
i tried to factory reset them and reconnect them to Sonos app but still the same issue. They are connected to wifi and listed under connected devices to my router but they are not shown under system. I tried adding them using instructions of adding new product. The process go through and I get a message telling me the speakers are added but i need to unplug them and plug them for them to show up under system and I did that several times without success. Is that problem something known? How I should resolve that? 

icon

Best answer by Asalih 16 November 2023, 07:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

To clarify:

When you add surrounds to an Arc, they are (in Sonos terminology) “bonded” to the Arc (as is the Sub). Those speakers in that “room” are then, to all intent and purpose, a single entity. You cannot stream music just to the surrounds; you stream to the room and all speakers play that music. 

If you could previously send music just to the One SL’s they were not bonded as surrounds; you’d added them as another room. 

As far as recreating your home theatre setup, I’m wondering if in your previous attempts you might have added them as a new system, rather than added to your existing system? Since you’ve already factory reset them (not usually recommended) it may be worth doing so again. Then add them to existing system and add as surrounds. 

Thank you for your response. 
I understand the bonding and previously when all products (arc, sub, one sls) were bonded I could only see the system name “living room” from my streaming app. 
now I see these products separately on my streaming app so the bonding is not working and I have been trying to bond them back through sonos app without success. 

please see the pictures attached. When I unplugged the one sl speakers and sub, they appeared under system. When I plug them, they disappear. I used add product and followed the steps to connect them without success. 

Moderator Note: Edited Serial Numbers off, as it is considered private information. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

@Asalih,

• Are the 2 x ONE SL’s visible in ‘Settings/System’, or the ‘About My System’ device list in your Sonos App? Are they stereo-paired?
  • Are you using any other WiFi network access points, or wireless extenders, besides your main router?
  • What router are you using, make/model?

Thank you for your response 

the 2 x one sl are not visible in system/settings or about my system. They are not stereo paired. 

there are no other wifi points other than the main router

the router is Spectrum wifi 6 router

please note all my sonos products are shown as active and connected under my router connected devices window

Thank you for your response 

the 2 x one sl are not visible in system/settings or about my system. They are not stereo paired. 

there are no other wifi points other than the main router

the router is Spectrum wifi 6 router

please note all my sonos products are shown as active and connected under my router connected devices window

It sounds to me like you have possibly accidentally ‘split’ your system into at least two seperate Sonos Households on the same WiFi network - did you perhaps factory reset any of your Sonos devices at some point?

Spoke with Sonos support team. They put the blame on Spectrum router and said that Sonos products currently do not support 5GHz which what my router is using. They mentioned a software update that will come soon to resolve such connectivity issue. I wasn’t convinced with that support as I am using the same router since more than a year and a half. The problem is indeed has to do with wifi network but not sure why it came up now.

Anyway, after watching few videos on youtube, I connected the arc soundbar to router with ethernet cable. My understanding this makes the arc works like Sonos boost and creates a wifi network for all sonos products. Everything worked smoothly and all products are connected now and home theatre is working perfectly.