SVC could use a "status" request command

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos Voice Control has a "what's playing" command, which is helpful, and there's apparently a way to check the battery level on battery powered speakers.

I'd like to see another command added, something like "status", that would give more "state" information about my speakers (I can think of these offhand - there may be more):

• current Volume level
  • current setting of Night Sound toggle
  • current setting of Speech Enhancement toggle
  • maybe which speakers/rooms, by name, are playing

The volume level would be particularly helpful - one can ask for louder or softer, or for specific volume levels, but I'm probably never going to ask for specific volume levels (even if I want to make a substantial change) without knowing what the volume level is *now*. Yes, I could look in the controller app. At that point, SVC has already lost, because if I have to open up the app, I'll just change the level there.

2 replies

+1, especially for the Volume and Speakers/Rooms queries. For Night Sound/Speech Enhancement, I’m probably already using the app to avoid disrupting the entertainment further with my voice. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Actually, I was initially thinking of a single command, like “Hey Sonos, status”, or “Hey Sonos, what is your status”, that would list everything, but individual commands (“Hey Sonos, what’s the volume level”) could be useful too.