Answered

Sonos Apple Music Custom station based on song tailoring

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I manually created a station based on a song in the Sonos app Apple Music section 

If I say,

Hey Sonos, I don’t like this song

It replaces what is playing with something else 

If I say 

Hey Sonos, like this song 

It says I will play more songs like this on Apple Music 

Is that specifically tailored songs altering the playlist of the station based on that song 

Or more generally 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 12 March 2024, 15:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @deano1x, welcome back!

The documentation that we have available doesn’t provide a more in depth information in regards to the “I like this song / I Don’t like this song" command, as it is relevant to the target music service.

As a personal guess, I think it would affect future generated radio song playlists. Liking a song doesn’t mean the playlist is going to repeat it on the same queue in the next few tracks. 

If you like a song using the command, it is more likely to appear in future generated radio song playlists that fit “the criteria".

Same way if you don’t like a song, it won’t be appearing to any future generated playlists and it is definitely not going to play again on that same queue.

But as I said above, this is what I believe is happening. If you want to learn about the way Apple Music reacts to these commands and more specifically to your scenario of Apple Music playlists based on specific song radios, you would need to reach out to them.

I hope this helps.