Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to address concerns regarding our new app that launched in May. At Sonos, delivering an exceptional experience is paramount to all that we do. Unfortunately, your experiences over the past several weeks have fallen short of our commitment to you.

Today, our CEO Patrick Spence published a letter that includes a detailed update on the progress we’ve been making and plans going forward. You can read the full letter here.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued support. We are working hard to earn back your trust and are more committed than ever to delivering a consistently great Sonos experience for everyone.

Thank you all for your patience,
Your Sonos Team

The worst part about this fiasco is that nothing is ever anyone’s fault. 

Your network is responsible for the fiasco - or did you forget?:-)

Just a bunch of platitudes and sycophants that live on here, fielding interference for a company that appears to be too cool for their pleb customers.

I haven’t seen this sentiment better expressed for a long time. Bravo.

Since May I have been very critical of this update.....But since version 80.06.04 of August I no longer have any prohibitive defect. Only a few details, such as the display of the cover of the current disc on the speaker page and sometimes a certain slowness when starting up...... My configuration: pair of play5, 3 x era100, Android 11 Ui3.1, Spotify premium..

Spent over 2K  at the beginning of 2024 to get a Sonos system. I’m wishing I kept my old Bose Lifestyle 650.  Now I’m categorically disappointed and resigned. Sonos will never find me as a returning customer and I’ll not recommend their products to anyone. 

Where is the update like promise, there is two way, or Sonos lie or they don’t know how to fix the problem.😡

I suppose it's just coincidence that the "Update on the Sonos App from Patrick Spence” flag that used to appear every time I visited these forums disappeared as soon as Sonos broke its promise of regular updates every two weeks to fix the “courageous” app. 😄

Where is the update like promise, there is two way, or Sonos lie or they don’t know how to fix the problem.😡

We are still having three systems (sites) with no working Sonos products at all! Since may!!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

80.07.05 (Android)
80.07.03 (iOS)

Release date: 8/27/2024

In this update:

This release will be gradually rolled out to users over several days. Customers can check for updates in their iOS / Android app store and download the latest version of the Sonos app once it's available to them.

• Accessibility improvements in Settings
  • Improved smoothness and reliability for product setup
  • Added the ability to clear the queue on Android
  • Added Night Mode toggle in Room Settings for sound bars

We are still having three systems (sites) with no working Sonos products at all! Since may!!!

As mentioned to you last week …This is a Sonos ‘user’ community - with some Sonos employees here who act as moderators. Have you still not called Sonos Support about the matter you’re experiencing at your three sites? - If not, then see this LINK to contact them.

Well, this update is crap. And every fix they try is the same, crap. 

Can Sonos please just put it back to the not so great app it was before? At least then I had a stronger chance of listening to some music for one evening. Not five minutes. 

Well, this update is crap. And every fix they try is the same, crap. 

Can Sonos please just put it back to the not so great app it was before? At least then I had a stronger chance of listening to some music for one evening. Not five minutes. 

It's crap how, please? This update specifically.

For exempel: NONE of my around 20 speakers/players work, I can’t update them, update fails, etc etc etc.

Wakeup should play every weekday at 6am, it doesn’t. But this morning it played, but just for three minutes, not half an hour as requested.

it’s easier to say what IS working: NOTHING!

Is there an ETA when the ambient setting for my rear surrounds will be working again? Is it a know issue?

@Corry P ?

Hi @Silverthorn 

I haven’t heard of any such known issue, no. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Fun fun fun,

On update Trueplay still not work, perhaps my Apple library coming in 2044, really I think you are good for update the bug on this app but never you repair, it’s funny, I will sale my sonos systeme if someone want put one euros, no need to work more one minute with you, tired buy something not work like you want sale and I stop lost my time with this brand. 😡

This is beyond a joke now, when will the app work like before the update from hell ? Please revert to old app when everything just worked, never mind contacting support, you shouldn’t have to. 

I’ve solved most of my problems by using AirMusic and iBroadcast, thereby avoiding the new Sonos App completely. My phone is the conduit for all my audio, cutting out the app. It’s not complete, but it’s close enough.

Downloaded the latest app update. Are alarms working yet? Of course not… it’s so tiresome, I just can’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed yet. Very sympathetic to everyone else who feels like this is just banging your head on a brick wall.

The reality is we all own expensive Sonos kit which we are struggling to enjoy before the new app is utterly dysfunctional. Comments online are scathing and the rectification plan spans months - all the while there seems to be little to no progress. 

Comments in this ‘Community’ are over 1 month old - I suspect this forum is being throttled. 

What is needed is real rectification action and clear honest communication about progress.  

I would suggest withdrawing the new app and reverting to it predecessor until this mess is fixed and the new app properly tested.

Just listed my speakers on eBay !

And why do you think we need to know?

That’s good, I was just wondering if you were going to do that.

JP-Cnd

Il have 4 Sonos S1  And today (Sep-7-2024) I lost every thing. Cannot update or play my own music. What wrong SONOS. How come I cannot keep my orignal software with my original speakers. Why should I update went I am satisfied with what I have. I an understand upgrade for security but for improvement that disallow me to make use of a product that a purpose in good-fate. I find this unacceptable.

JP-Cnd

Il have 4 Sonos S1  And today (Sep-7-2024) I lost every thing. Cannot update or play my own music. What wrong SONOS. How come I cannot keep my orignal software with my original speakers. Why should I update went I am satisfied with what I have. I an understand upgrade for security but for improvement that disallow me to make use of a product that a purpose in good-fate. I find this unacceptable.

No idea why you updated your software I am still on 16.1 app version and 16.1.1 firmware and I have auto update turned off on Apple and in the Sonos App so you either manually clicked update or left auto updates on that’s down to you

mine still working on old software 

This just about says it all!  Sold all of our shares of Sonos 2 days after this debacle.  Never again Spence!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danpontefract/2024/08/24/the-sound-of-failure-at-sonos/