Introducing Era 100

Related products: Hardware News
Introducing Era 100

Hi all,

Today we introduce Era 100, reinventing a category-leading icon.

Sonos Era 100

Only slightly larger than its predecessor Sonos One, Era 100 features all-new hardware and software, with next-gen acoustics and design that deliver detailed stereo sound and deep bass.

• Now in stereo: Two angled tweeters send crisp high frequencies left and right for a rich stereo experience, while a larger midwoofer creates stunning bass that’s unexpected from a single compact speaker.

• Small but mighty: Packed full of audio and tech enhancements, Era 100’s slim, modern design makes it a chic accent piece for any bookshelf, kitchen counter, desk or nightstand.

• Customize your system: Level-up movie night by adding two Era 100 speakers as rears with your soundbar to create a surround sound system, or simply pair two together for room-filling stereo sound. 

Era 100 from the back

Premium, responsible design that keeps everyone in mind

Building on Sonos’s timeless acoustic-driven design aesthetic, Era 100 and Era 300 are responsive to the challenges facing our environment—and better for everyone who interacts with our designs, featuring a bold new UI and innovations that will help them last longer, use less energy and make use of recycled materials in each product. 

• More sustainable sound: Era 100 and Era 300 are made with post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic and packaged in 100% sustainably sourced paper, while also engineered to reduce power consumption with under two watts idle power consumption and a new advanced sleep function.

• Built to last: Designed to live in your home for years, both speakers are built for serviceability by reducing the use of adhesives and transitioning to screws for easy disassembly and repair.

• Bold, new UI: Era 100 and Era 300 feature an intuitive new user interface, including a new capacitive volume slider for simple control that complements quick and private control of your music with Sonos Voice Control, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth®️.

• Upgraded connectivity: Stream all the audio you care about using WiFi or Bluetooth, and directly connect other audio devices such as a turntable using an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter.

• Expanding Trueplay to more listeners: Using the microphone array in Era 100 and Era 300, Trueplay optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of your space with just a tap in the Sonos app. Available to both Android and iOS users.

Era 100 will be available for pre-order on sonos.com today, and globally starting March 28 2023 for $249USD, £249, €279, $399AUD. For more information, please visit Sonos.com

Read the full press release for Era 100 and Era 300 here.

Its look amazing.

Setting up a new system since splitting so went with arc, era x2 and sub.  Previously had 1s and playbar with sub. 

Is the Era going to have full Alexa capabilities (including calling features), or will it be “neutered” like the current Sonos models?

Does this device have the capability of being connected directly to a computer that has USB-C?

Can I connect Era 100 with Playbar?  I wouldn't want to buy another soundbar

Can I connect Era 100 with Playbar?  I wouldn't want to buy another soundbar

The Era 100 cannot be used as surrounds with the Playbar.

Will the new speakers be compatible with the S1App?  I still use a Connect that isn’t compatible with S2, and don’t really want to upgrade a perfectly good bit of kit to be able to use the S2 App for all my Sonos kit.

Will the new speakers be compatible with the S1App?  I still use a Connect that isn’t compatible with S2, and don’t really want to upgrade a perfectly good bit of kit to be able to use the S2 App for all my Sonos kit.

No, S2 is required for the Era 100 and Era 300.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

No they won’t be

Well that’s just saved me a bunch of money then!

I’m just new and getting into the Sonos world and I’ve been looking forward to listen at music on my turntable, and with all the port and stuff seemed like too much.

My question now is, with the new Era 100, if I get 2, can I connect my turntable to one Era 100, and connect through the Sonos system to the other one to make it Stereo?
As well as connecting my TV with the Sonos through the WI-FI and watching stereo as well?

Would love to hear from you guys,

Thanks!

I’m just new and getting into the Sonos world and I’ve been looking forward to listen at music on my turntable, and with all the port and stuff seemed like too much.

My question now is, with the new Era 100, if I get 2, can I connect my turntable to one Era 100, and connect through the Sonos system to the other one to make it Stereo?

Yes, with Sonos audio input adapter or Bluetooth. 

As well as connecting my TV with the Sonos through the WI-FI and watching stereo as well?

No.  No Sonos can't connect to any tv via wifi. You would want to wire a Sonos soundbar or amp to a tv for tv audio. You could try connecting 100s to tv via Bluetooth,  but expect to get lip sync issues.

Would love to hear from you guys,

Thanks!

With Bluetooth, I am able to connect to all my other speakers in my house without the hassle of connecting via the inline cable 

That is correct, if you are playing Bluetooth content, then you just need to group the Era 100 with your other wireless speakers connected to Wi-Fi so that the music plays on all of them at the same time. 

so, it’s not really worth to up grade from 2 one sl to two a hundred era sorround speakers?

please tell me now I don't need to connect via the inline cable just using the Bluetooth I can connect to all my other speakers 

I have bought two Era 100s to replace existing One SLs which are going into a different room. I had to buy a long mains cable to power one of the One SLs and I see I will need to buy another long cable because the existing one doesn’t fit the Era 100. Ok, another needless expense on behalf of the design team at Sonos, however I can’t even see any Era 100 compatible cables sold on the Sonos site. Does anyone know if these are available? Thanks. 

@britishwonderings  - I’m with you on this one.

Won’t be updating as I have too many already and cannot justify any more right now.

Will be interested to see the reviews though 😀. Thanks for bringing nothing to the conversation but a random thought on your head. 

I understand your disappointment regarding the upgrade options for your current Sonos setup. It seems that the new Era 100 speakers do not offer the desired height channel you were looking for, and to achieve a full Atmos setup, you would need to invest in the Era 300, which comes at a significant cost.

With the current pricing in Canada, creating a complete Sonos Atmos setup can be quite expensive compared to alternative solutions like the well-regarded Samsung Q990. This price difference may make it less enticing for you to make the switch.

While others may be eager to explore the new Sonos options, given your existing array of Play Fives, Ones, Play:1s, Beam, Arc, Sub, Move, and Roam, it is understandable that you may feel content with your current speaker configuration. As a result, the upgrade may not provide substantial benefits for your specific entertainment system or office setup.

It's worth waiting to hear feedback from users who have experienced the new speakers firsthand to get a better sense of their performance. Although they may be impressive speakers in their own right, without the height channel you desired, it might not be worth pursuing an upgrade at this time.

In Canada, the cost of creating a complete Sonos Atmos setup is considerably higher compared to alternative options like the Samsung Q990. This price difference may make the Sonos upgrade less appealing.

Given your current collection of Play Fives, Ones, Play:1s, Beam, Arc, Sub, Move, and Roam, it's understandable that you feel satisfied with your existing speaker configuration. The upgrade may not bring significant benefits to your specific entertainment system or office setup.

I recommend waiting for user feedback from those who have experienced the new Sonos Era speakers firsthand. This feedback will provide valuable insights into their performance. While the speakers may be impressive in their own right, without the desired height channel, it may not be worthwhile for you to pursue an upgrade at this time.

@karldrogo, who are you and your obvious ChatGTP crafted replies actually speaking to?  It’s not a very good mimic of forum postings if your are replying to the ether.  At the very least, quote someone.  Put in some effort, man!

@karldrogo, who are you and your obvious ChatGTP crafted replies actually speaking to?  It’s not a very good mimic of forum postings if your are replying to the ether.  At the very least, quote someone.  Put in some effort, man!

Another one?

Thank you Sonos for the ERA-line. I think most of us “Sonos-users” like the products,at least i do😇.

For me,i started looking into Homesound just a couple of months ago. When i started buy speakers,the Era 100 was my first Sonos. I did purcase other Sonos speakers to my other rooms and in this case i had the opertunety to purcase a couple of Play1’s. 
For me,i did not feel comfy with the Play1. The “worst” issue i have is connectivity…the lack of Airplay. The sound is ok,but personally i prefere the Ikea Bookshelf’s. Another thing i notice(don’t ask how i discover that) but i do belive the Play1 is more hungery for power(yes,i made it clip). This may have an inpact on your house/room electrical system(do you have enough power/outlet to feed all of your heating,lights,TV&Sonos).

Is the Era 100 in the range for a good value….Yes,it is. The One/One SL’s i belive will be discontinued soon,but to be a little picky i think a fair price for the One is $186 not $216(Era 100 is $262). 

I do like the sound from the Era 100’s. I got a pair in my home cinema(Beam G2/Gen3) and i have a Era 100 stereopair.