Skip to main content
Answered

“ We couldn't link your Sonos Move to your account. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try again later.”

I am trying to connect my Sonos Move (1st gen) to my existing Sonos system. 

In the app, my Move shows in the system list of devices but it says “Not registered”. So I click on Fix It and follow all the steps. But always get the following messages during setup:

”There was a problem linking your Sonos Move to your account.”

“There was a problem adding your Sonos Move to your system. Try again later.“

“We couldn't link your Sonos Move to your account. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try again later.”

“Your Sonos Move has been added. Audio playback will be available once this product is updated and linked to your account.“

And then nothing. It just says contact support

I have done the following:

1. Run the setup process several times 
  2. Factory reset the Sonos Move
  3. Restarted my phone 
  4. Rebooted my WiFi 
  5. Deleted and re-installed the app

Nothing works. The device is connected to the power supply. 

Would greatly appreciate some help with this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I have the same exact problem with a refurbished Sub Mini that I just purchased.  I have done all the resetting and rebooting and hooked up Ethernet all to no avail.

I am curious to see the feedback you get @Peshy

I also have Move. Has been working fine until yesterday. Having the exact same problem and taken the same steps as you trying to re-register. The only thing that has changed is the Sonos app recently updated. 

Userlevel 1

I think also must be an app problem.  I have just spent a few hundred £££s buying 2x Move as a stereo pair and at the moment I can only use them as paperweights.  Exact same problem as you and took them to my friend’s house after factory reset to see if it worked on his system but same error - he had also updated the App the previous day.  Looking forward to a few hours on the phone to tech support when the lines open on Monday.  I can’t help but think that connecting a wireless speaker in 2024 should be easier than this.

I think also must be an app problem.  I have just spent a few hundred £££s buying 2x Move as a stereo pair and at the moment I can only use them as paperweights.  Exact same problem as you and took them to my friend’s house after factory reset to see if it worked on his system but same error - he had also updated the App the previous day.  Looking forward to a few hours on the phone to tech support when the lines open on Monday.  I can’t help but think that connecting a wireless speaker in 2024 should be easier than this.

Totally spot on. I’ve had the Move since it first came out and it’s always been a pain to connect to Sonos. I usually end up just using it via Bluetooth. That being said, I’ve never had THIS much hassle with it. As you said, you’d think as a speaker maker with a sole focus on wireless connectivity, Sonos would be able to make the process smoother. Always have issues connecting my other Sonos devices. 

Guys there are so many people reporting similar problems, it’s definitely the new app. If you have access to S2 it will add your device no problem  

Userlevel 1

Well I’m not sure about that - S2 all around here and still the issue!  Anyway, I’ve just got off live chat with tech and basically all I had to do was add them up until the point where it says “Cannot add Move to your system” and shows it in the app with the “Unregistered” tag.  Then sign out of app and sign back in and use the “Fix it” process to add which worked first time. So happy days, hope that works for you guys too!

The sign out/in trick worked on my system. 

Same.  Signing out then in solved it for me too!

Well I’m not sure about that - S2 all around here and still the issue!  Anyway, I’ve just got off live chat with tech and basically all I had to do was add them up until the point where it says “Cannot add Move to your system” and shows it in the app with the “Unregistered” tag.  Then sign out of app and sign back in and use the “Fix it” process to add which worked first time. So happy days, hope that works for you guys too!

Perfect. Thank you. It worked for me too. 

I got the new iPhone app a week ago.  Today, I upgraded my Sonos system.  Then later in the day, noticed that my Move was no longer listed.   Tried everything (including factory reset) until I saw this post.  Signing out and back in fixed it for me.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi Everybody. I had same problem but the key to fixing it (after multiple attempts) is the step mentioned above. You MUST get to the stage where it says it can’t connect to your system and is unregistered. Only then should you sign out. Then while signed out click the Fix button and it will prompt you to sign in and then the Move connects to the system first time. 

Seriously ready to take this thing back to Best Buy and throw it at the as***** that sold it to me. F*** SONOS

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.