• Move 2 will stream other services 
  • Move 2 will stream apple music via air play
  • Move 2 will stream apple music when paired with another sonos speaker
  • Router has been rebooted
  • voice services have been uninstalled
  • apple music has been reauthorized 
  • move 2 speaker is brand new

Moderator edit: Combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

I’ve just received my move 2 today and I have exactly the same problem. Would love a solution as the speaker is pretty useless without Apple Music as I don’t use any other music service. 

I just received my new Move 2 today and have the same exact problem.  What is wrong with SONOS ? They have the most complicated set up and the worst customer support. I was told 85 minute wait time. No, I think I will just return my product.

Userlevel 2

Same exact issue - only Sonos in the house that won’t stream AM

FLAC from network is fine and Sonos radio is fine 

AM from within native AM app works - just not via Sonos app 

OK.  I got it working on my Move 2 by NOT adding Apple Music as selection of preferred music service because I already had it chosen on my Sonos Roam.  Apparently if I choose it on both there is a programming conflict.  Not surprising from Sonos --- the worst in complicated set-up programming and the worst in customer support.  Hey, I’m not waiting online for tech support for 65 minutes for anyone. Jerks !!!  Hire more people. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Either the m0at recent update or setting apple music as a preferred service fixed it.

Just got my Move2 speakers and this is a HUGE disappointment. I found I can play by first selecting a different set of speakers and adding the Move speakers. Removing the original speaker or having Move2 listed first breaks playback again. Being primary music source has no affect for me. Apple Music works fine on all my other speakers. if you don’t have other Sonos speakers you’re probably SOL. 

I went to system and rejoined the network on all my S2 speakers and it seems to be working correctly now. 

Yeah.  I had to remove my Move2 from the system, then do a cold re-boot to factory settings reset. Then I started the set-up again and Apple Music was already selected as my primary streaming music service because, apparently, I already had it on my Sonos Roam.  So I did not add the preferred music streaming again on the Move2.  The set up directions from Sonos are, as is typical with them, confusing and incorrect.  I had to just play around and re-setup like I have had to do with Sonos speakers for me and for my friends.  

I wish I had read this before buying two new Move 2 speakers.   I have all the same problems.   Why these engineers try and make things more complicated than they need to be is beyond me.   I Cannot get Apple music to play,  I can't get the second speaker too be seen by the Sonos app.   And the wait for Customer service is 70 muted with no call back option.   Wow!  all the glitzy advertising and no backbone to support the harware.   Well good thing for me that they are returnable.    They are going right back to Best Buy.    Never again will I bother with such stupid software.   Don’t buy these speakers.  They sound fine, but the set up is the worst.

FYI, This was fixed in a recent patch. Make sure you upgrade your app and system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not fixed. Same bug still persists. 

I don’t believe that any update has fixed this. Move 2 arrived today. Was prompted for an update, done. Can only play Apple Music by Bluetooth or by grouping to a speaker already streaming. I’ve tried both power cycles and removing Apple Music as preferred. Frustrating to say the least. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

FYI, This was fixed in a recent patch. Make sure you upgrade your app and system.

No, not fixed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cosmicangler et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@cosmicangler - I’m glad to hear it has improved for you, but as we were not aware of issue matching this description, it doesn’t seem likely that we fixed it, though the update process (more probably, the reboot afterwards) may have done so.

Sorry to hear about everyone else still having this issue with playing Apple Music to your Move 2 speakers. I’d like to look into this for you all.

Could you please reproduce this issue, then submit a support diagnostic immediately afterwards and let me know here when you have done so? Please don’t share the diagnostic numbers, however - I’ll find them without. Thanks!

Hi @cosmicangler et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@cosmicangler - I’m glad to hear it has improved for you, but as we were not aware of issue matching this description, it doesn’t seem likely that we fixed it, though the update process (more probably, the reboot afterwards) may have done so.

Sorry to hear about everyone else still having this issue with playing Apple Music to your Move 2 speakers. I’d like to look into this for you all.

Could you please reproduce this issue, then submit a support diagnostic immediately afterwards and let me know here when you have done so? Please don’t share the diagnostic numbers, however - I’ll find them without. Thanks!

Diagnostic report just submitted. For context, since setting up the new Move 2 yesterday I was unable to play Apple Music, the iPhone Sonos app would “try” to play the first three album tracks for a second or two each, then give up. Tried several albums, identical behaviour. 

Today I tried using the Sonos app on my ipad - all now worked fine provided I was trying to play an album that I hadn’t tried yesterday when I would experience the exact same behaviour. Switched back to iPhone and now same behaviour as iPad. Seems as though a cache needs clearing before those albums will play.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hedleyw@cosmicangler  et al

Thank you for the diagnostics, @hedleyw!

I believe I have found a known issue which matches your experience - newly set up speakers may have an issue with playing Apple Music.

We are investigating, but do not have an ETA for when this issue might be resolved.

There is, however, a workaround - please factory reset your Move 2 and add it back on to your system. It should then be able to play Apple Music without issue.

It may also fix itself after a period of time, as some here have already seen - if you are now already able to play, please do not reset your speaker.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P Thank you so much for your intervention here in the forum. I hope that the issue will be fully resolved and pleased that you can replicate the problem.

Sonos support has been taking a beating recently, I have personal experience of unmanned chat and appalling wait times on hold with no call back facility. I recently gave up on a support ticket because of this. If Sonos are able to watch this forum and coordinate problem solving that is a great help, thank you. You still need to fix telephone support though ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hedleyw 

No problemo!

Yes, the phone lines have basically been full since May, unfortunately. I think they will largely remain that way for a month or two yet.