Answered

Can't connect to Roam

• 3 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’ve had my Roam for about a year and it had been working well without issues. In the past couple of weeks it started to cut out whilst playing, and I had to press the back button to get it going again.

As of this morning it appears to have completely reset itself, green light is flashing and the app saying I need to connect it to the Roam.

I’m logged in on the app, but it cant find the device, saying Sonos not found, make sure I’m on the same WiFi etc which I am.

Not really sure where to go from here. If it isn’t connected, then how does it know I’m not on the same WiFi? Doesn’t make much sense to me!

I’ve gotten one step further, the app can see the Roam and prompts me to click to add the Roam to my system which I’ve done. It then says ‘Getting Roam ready’ but after about 30 seconds I still get the same message that it can’t find any Sonos products.

Moderator edit - combined posts so topic is still “in need of reply”

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 4 April 2023, 12:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @satriales1 , welcome back to Sonos Community!

Flashing green light indicates that the Sonos Roam has been reset and is waiting to be added as a new product via the Sonos App. Although it sounds like your Sonos Roam could be faulty, there might be a network issue involved.

I would recommend a network refresh, by unplugging the power cable from the socket, wait 15-20 seconds and plug it back in to the following network devices and with this order:

Router → Sonos Products → Smartphone controller.

To power off Roam, press and hold the button on the back of your Roam for at least 5 seconds. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the front will turn off.

If the above doesn’t help, I suggest reaching out to our Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting, as they have more tools at their disposal and can assist you further.