Answered

Adding a Move 2 to my sonos system and it says "not registered"

Userlevel 2

I am trying to add this brand new Move 2 to my existing system. The setup fails saying to try again later. The speaker appears in my system but says “Move 2 is not registered”.

I’ve been at this for hours.

icon

Best answer by FSmalls 11 May 2024, 03:40

View original

45 replies

Userlevel 2

I should add that I tried using their online chat that’s supposedly staffed from 9am - 11pm, but there are no humans available and the chat bot could not help.

I phoned the support line but the expected wait time was over 75 minutes.

Same issues here. It sucks. I really want this product to work.

Same problem here, existing setup of Beams, Subs, Eras 100 and 300 all working as should but I cant register this Move 2…. support cant help….

It’s the new app.  I had the same issue.  Then I read a bunch of issues with the new app.  Used my wife’s phone which I refused the update on and it instantly added the new Move 2.  

Same here! Impossible to register Move 2, although I have Beam already registered and working fine. No problems with my wifi/network as well. 

Same issue for me.  This is ridiculous. Definitely app.

Resolved by using older version of app on another phone and was able to fix registration.  It’s now showing on both the new and old app.  

Same issue for me too!! Trying to enjoy my Mother’s Day gift but looks like I can’t use it. Anyone have any luck without having access to the old app? It’s also crazy that they say they have support but then no one is available once you type in all the info. I used to love Sonos, have owned several products with no issues, but lack of support is making me think differently.

Same issue. New purchased today Move 2 unable to register to my system.. On the updated app as well. 

Same issue here in Oz. New move 2 purchased today-links to system but won’t register! Also using updated app

Userlevel 1

Same here. Move 1 and move 2 purched today along with countless hours trying to figure this out. The new app sucks. Guess I’ll be returning both products since I can’t join them to my account. 

Just bought the move 2 and have been troubleshooting all day and night ! Tried factory reset and everything. Wish my phone didn’t auto update the app now I am stuck with an unregistered app. Hope Sonos fixes this asap !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Echoing exactly what others have said in order to raise awareness… really unimpressed about this, especially for a £450 speaker.

Not sure why I continue to invest in these products when Sonos just can’t get their * right. I can’t add a new move 2 either. I’ll try the old app…cmon Sonos!!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 1

I finally got it working. I reset the move, remove and reinstalled the app. Tried again and it failed to add to my account. Went into the app, account settings, app preferences, reset app. Went through the set up process again and it finally added the move to my account. All working so far. 

I can verify that Amaziuk’s instructions to reset the app worked for my Move 2.  I was stuck at adding the move 2 to my system after several (multiple) attempts to get the Move 2 to update the software and restart. It would not add it to my system.  Rebooting the app worked the first time.

Dissapointed in Sonos after having mostly very good experiences with the new products I have been slowly purchasing to replace my first gen system. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wonder if there will be an official response from Sonos…

Userlevel 1
Badge

Am I being foolish in thinking that a representative from Sonos will reply to our complaints and action a fix to this issue?

I only joined this forum as my speaker doesn’t work, so I have limited experience on it and don’t really know what to expect.

Userlevel 2

It’s the new app.  I had the same issue.  Then I read a bunch of issues with the new app.  Used my wife’s phone which I refused the update on and it instantly added the new Move 2.  

THANK YOU!

My wife was away and didn’t update her phone (thankfully). Took about 3 minutes to get the speaker registered and playable.

Holy crap, how could a company release a new app like this? I mean SERIOUSLY. How did a bug in something so fundamental to the system get past testing? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This thread should not be set as “answered” as a proper solution has not been recommended!

This is not answered.  My Move 2 is not added. Noted Amaziuk’s workaround above.  But can you advise if resetting the Sonos App deletes all previous setups for example a Beam and Eros setup in another room?

Userlevel 1
Badge

THANK YOU!

My wife was away and didn’t update her phone (thankfully). Took about 3 minutes to get the speaker registered and playable.

Holy crap, how could a company release a new app like this? I mean SERIOUSLY. How did a bug in something so fundamental to the system get past testing? 

jnx827 - please can you not mark this as “answered”? 

having the same issue, reinstalling the app has not worked. tried resetting network and all the troubleshooting out there. Been troubleshooting for almost 3 hours and have lost the will to live. Sonos, please sort your act out. 

I too am so frustrated trying to get my new Move 2 to work After many years of building my whole house to be a Sonos shrine I am gutted with how rubbish this is . The app shows the new addition but says it still needs installing I have tried everything many times including the chat line which is virtually useless. From what this community is saying is it likely to be the app that is the issue? In which case what on earth do I do now having updated latest version?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos… get it together and help your customers with your faulty products!

Same! I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve wasted. Nothing works. My Move 2 was connected to my Amp (I use it as a go-between for my vinyl player) then the app was updated and now the Move 2 will no longer connect. I’ve tried factory reset, network reset, deleting and reinstalling the app, resetting the app as suggested, nothing works. Looks like an update a new became available today, maybe to fix this issue but my Move 2 cannot update after numerous tries. This speaker is only 4 months old and it’s totally garbage now!  For the amount of money that Sonos products cost, you would expect so much better. Would never recommend this system to anyone, we constantly have problems.