Sonos Arc with Samsung QE65QN90A TV + Apple TV

• 3 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m really considering upgrading my old Samsung soundbar to Sonos Arc (+Sub and Ones as surround speakers). When reading discussions here I stumbled upon a lot of threads regarding problems with Samsung TV’s and the Sonos Arc regarding Atmos, 5.1, sound cutting out etc. Some of the threads were quite old so I was wondering if someone with a similar setup could confirm if problems have been patched or if there are still problems with the functionality. I really wish to upgrade but at the same time I’m a little afraid to invest and then end up with the setup not working as intended…

My setup would be as follows:

Apple TV 4K 2nd gen—> Samsung QN90A (2021) with HDMI —> Sonos Arc with HDMI eArc

Could someone comment if they still have problems with a similar setup?

Thank you very much in advance!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s hit or miss with Samsung TVs with eARC. Many users have zero issues while others experience problems. You just have to test it out for yourself. If you have problems, you can always return the Arc.

Just be sure your TV is up to date with the latest software/firmware and set the Digital Output Audio Format setting to Pass-Through.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Consider a Sony…I have 3 with eARC and no issues. I’m sure not everyone has been issue free but I see a lot less Sony Tv issues with the Arc.

Badge

It’s hit or miss with Samsung TVs with eARC. Many users have zero issues while others experience problems. You just have to test it out for yourself. If you have problems, you can always return the Arc.

Just be sure your TV is up to date with the latest software/firmware and set the Digital Output Audio Format setting to Pass-Through.

Thanks for the reply and the settings tips. I probably will just take the risk and buy the Arc and then return it if it doesn’t work. Fingers crossed everything goes well and I get to enjoy the Arc.

Badge

Consider a Sony…I have 3 with eARC and no issues. I’m sure not everyone has been issue free but I see a lot less Sony Tv issues with the Arc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have quite enjoyed the Samsung TV and have encountered zero problems with the model I have but I will definitely take a look at Sony models in the future if I’m about to buy a new TV.

Badge

It'd be great to know how jvah got on!

Did you get the Arc & Era setup?

Did it work?

Do tell!