Skip to main content

I'm Japanese.

I'm translating and asking questions.

I want to make a new connection to set up Trueplay of sonos arc, but no matter how many times I try, I can't proceed without downloading the update.

I tried all the solutions written in the support.

Is there anyone who can solve this problem?

Same issue here..

I am reaching out to report a persistent same issue on my Sonos Arc. Despite numerous attempts, I am unable to proceed with the setup as it consistently requires an update to be downloaded.

Same issue here from japan. Not sure how to fix upgrade error. 

same here, reboot doesn't work either.  

Even after resetting, unplugging all other Sonos products, trying again, and using a wired connection, I still can't update.

To circumvent the persistent Error 30, I have performed a factory reset on the ARC. However, during the process of registering the device with the S2 app, I encountered a requirement for an update. Unfortunately, due to Error 30, I am still unable to register the ARC, so i cannot use ARC.

Below are the steps I have taken and the issues that arose:

Factory Reset: Executed to avoid Error 30.
Update Requirement: Notified that an update is necessary when registering with the S2 app.
Registration Failure: Unable to register the ARC due to Error 30.

same… I’m JP

I’m in the same boat here in JP.

My Arc is in the same situation.
Is the fault occurring in Japan?

I’m in the same situation.

I was able to get through to sonos support.
It seems that there is a problem on the cloud side, and we have to wait for a while until sonos completes its response...
* The response to error 30 is that rebooting or resetting the device has no effect.

Same problem, in Japan.

5days after buying new system and still have not been able to fix it.

I misread the posts. I think. Edited.

Same here (in UK). I’ve now wasted 5 days of my life trying to get the Arc to work. Tried calling sonos support and got message that there was a 155 minute wait - so I guess they must be getting a LOT of calls from frustrated purchasers.

I am in Japan and had the same problem. After posting on reddit regarding my frustration, I was directed here and realised this is a common issue. So I pulled out my VPN router and connected to the US (so my entire WiFi is now on the US) and I was able to add and update the arc on the first try.

Pathetic, Sonos. Absolutely pathetic. 

I am in Japan and had the same problem. After posting on reddit regarding my frustration, I was directed here and realised this is a common issue. So I pulled out my VPN router and connected to the US (so my entire WiFi is now on the US) and I was able to add and update the arc on the first try.

Pathetic, Sonos. Absolutely pathetic. 

Thank you so much!

Same issue here. Arc in Japan won’t update.

Error 30.

Arc: Living Room

Serial Number: FO-F6-C1-79-B8-71:G

Sonos OS: S2

Version: 16.2 (build 79.0-52294)

Hardware Version: 1.27.1.8-4.2

I am in Japan and set up my router to use US VPN (with nordvpn) finally worked for me to update.

Finally gave up and took back to store. They were very helpful and steered me towards another product - Yamaha, which is truly “plug & play” and comes complete with a separate sub.

OK, maybe it can’t do everything that a Sonos is supposed to but at least it works.

I am in Japan and set up my router to use US VPN (with nordvpn) finally worked for me to update.

Cheers. Did the same after some folks on Reddit posted the same fix.

Sonos: don’t make your customers pay for VPNs to remediate issues caused by your broken software / network infra. 

I also live in Japan and same situation here. After this unacceptable update all my for speakers (ARC, Sub and 2 SL) gone. Unable to add as a new system and error -30 showed all the time. Tried yesterday 2-3 hours by myself with several devices, 2 routers, wireless and wired...nothing.

Today I tried reaching US support service, after 20 minutes waiting….surprise, surprise it disconnects!!!! Talked to Japanese support and they told me there was a server error ongoing trying to fix it as soon as possible and it was caused by and updated on the app that cause all devices to, guess what, automatically update to the latest firmware. Unbelievable...they update an app and without letting the user know all updates are run with no user consent or at least a notification.

After talking on the phone they told me there is chat available in Australia, I talked to a nice person called Glenn F, we fought for more than 2 hours isolating the issue and although their server issue was still ongoing I was able to finally update Sonos Arc and get back my system with my 2 One SL...but my Sub still shows error -30. So, I have a very beautiful and expensive black box in my living room. Glenn told me to talk to their phone support in Japan for further steps, tried but nothing. They made me install Chrome so I can run a link to gather specific logs on the Sub to make sure there nothing else blocking the update...but because they close at 6pm, they need to finish the call and I had to wait or I can call US phone support...from Japan after 10 pm, I politely asked them to call me as I am the one spending a lot of money but they told me they do not have that service...are you kidding me?????

Do I really need to use a VPN? or send logs or spent hours on the phone on my day off?

Sonos speakers are incredibly good but there software updates/engineering is really something...

Hey there,
Arc just updated itself since the "System Automatic Update" was on. Maybe the server issue got fixed.

somehow my ARC updated. Not sure how.  Sub still refuses to do so though.

I finally managed to update. As a result, both arc and sub are now able to connect.

Did you do anything special?  I've seen people on another forum saying it worked when they used Google's VPN on their phone, but mine didn't (and I have no idea why it would since that VPN doesn't allow region changes)