Answered

Network Matrix OFDM ANI level: 9

• 21 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 8 replies

Found the Network Matrix just recently; looking first time last night everything was green except the Beam (LF, RF).  

Checking it just now the Sub and the surrounds (LR, RR) have also gone red.  All in line of sight of the main mesh router.

Anyone make heads or tails of this?

icon

Best answer by ratty 21 February 2024, 10:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

See if this article helps you 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/reduce-wireless-interference#

Found the Network Matrix just recently; looking first time last night everything was green except the Beam (LF, RF).  

The surrounds/Sub were in operation on 5GHz.

Checking it just now the Sub and the surrounds (LR, RR) have also gone red.  All in line of sight of the main mesh router.

The surrounds/Sub are now idling on 2.4GHz.

You have a noisy 2.4GHz WiFi channel. See the above link from @Mr T, plus this one. A possible obvious explanation is Bluetooth in the vicinity. It can typically send the ANI level sky high, but without upsetting the audio.

Badge

Thanks for the replies all; 

> The surrounds/Sub were in operation on 5GHz.

How can you tell this?
> The surrounds/Sub are now idling on 2.4GHz.

Seems to contradict the link that says my Living Room group (connected to the TV - Beam / Sub / two surround 1s) as a Home Theater:

> Home Theatre Primary devices (like Ray, Beam or Arc) will connect to 2.4GHz WiFi or SonosNet. 

Tried 2.4GHz channel 1, 11, and auto...odd that the closest devices (Living Room) to the primary node are in worst shape.  Beam wall mounted under the TV… odd that power cycling the speakers and/or restarting the mesh network can help for a while, but dropped audio / intermittent TV audio slowly reoccurs (power cycle / restart / repeat).

Don’t use ‘Auto’. 

Badge

All devices in the same place, no changes to mesh network, now looks like the below.  Any other ideas to get debug info?  

I’m curious what’s in the diagnostic log, if that would give some guidance (is my ‘old’ Beam just starting to have HW failures, etc.)

Badge