Atmos query

Badge

I have all the necessaries enabled for Atmos on tv, the sound output is showing on Netflix S2 app as Atmos, yet when I look on ‘about my system’ on the S2 app it’s stating ‘no signal’ or previously ‘Dolby 2.0’. Please help as to why? TIA.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You haven’t completed your profile, so we’ll need some more information.  Can you confirm what sound bar you have and how it is connected?  Also, what is the Netflix app running on? (Sky, Native, Fire TV, etc.)

Badge

Oh, ok. Sorry. I have an Arc connected via e-arc to an LG C9. It’s running on the native tv Netflix app. I’ve just discovered It was down to the volume being too low - literally 2 minutes ago. It’s now showing Atmos DD on the ‘about my system’ part of the S2 app. I’m assuming it will never be lossless unless I watch blue ray DVD’s. Another thing that baffles me though is, sometimes on Netflix Atmos showings, it’ll still only show DD 5.1 on my Sonos app?…weird.