Answered

Arc keeps disconnecting from Samsung TV

• 1 December 2022
  • 51 replies

Show first post

51 replies

It looks like a lot of people are having Arc disconnect problems.  If you have a streaming device hooked up, a CEC blocker will fix the problem.  The blocker device has to be in-line with the offending peripheral, as far as I know.  I don’t think putting a CEC blocker in line with a cable or satellite box will work.
If you are getting disconnects without a streamer in place, then it’s a real mystery to me.   Since an Amazon Fire Cube is the culprit on my Samsung NEO, a CEC blocker stopped the disconnect.  Interestingly a Roku Express doesn’t cause the problem.  I think, therefore, it is incumbent on Amazon or Sonos to tix this bug.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
DH

This is the first I’m seeing this solution about a CEC blocker, and it seems logical to me, the AppleTV we use is likely the culprit.  My Arc disconnects almost daily, and I have to unplug everything and run the TV Setup option from the Sonos app, which is a pain for a wall mounted TV.

There’s only one HDMI cable routed from my TV to the storage cabinet, so I use an HDMI switch for all of our devices (other than the ARC, which is directly connected to the TV).

If I use the CEC blocker, I’m worried that will interfere with the automatic switching of the HDMI switch, unless I put it on the output of the switch?

Thanks!