Sonos One SL

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi guys need help, this drawing is beyond horrendous but it gets the point wondering if theres any real benefit to adding the One SL to my arc.  Where i sit on L shape sofa can only really get speakers to sides not behind me, or to either side of tv. As speakers wouldn’t be behind have to wonder any benefits to adding them ti system 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I have a similar issue with placement.  I bought two Ikea Symfonisk speakers instead of Ones.

I have to say it is worth it.  After Trueplay set up, which is essential for getting the best out of the surrounds, they realy do add to the home theatre experience.  My wife, who was resistant to any more speakers in the room, also agrees.

I’d say give it a try, it’s by no means an ideal set up but you may get something from them.  You could get the speakers on a 100 day Sonos deal and see how you get on with them?

As you’ve highlighted the L-shaped settee as being the main listening position. This would ‘likely’ be my personal suggestion for placement of any surrounds. I would choose to put them on stands and set them at/near head-height when seated and certainly TruePlay tune the setup to the room. See attached. I would also add a sub to the room too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Looking again at the room i’d place the surrounds one at the top left and one the bottom right and as Ken says, make sure they are at head height for those seated.

With 100 day return you have time to experiment.