Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post

584 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yesterday I experienced a problem for the first time.

I was watching a movie with Dolby Atmos on Netflix, paused the movie to answer a phone call, and when I started the movie again, there was no sound.

I unpluged the tv, waited 15 seconds, and started it up again. This fixed the problem, I now have sound again.

I watch Netflix via Apple TV 4K connected to my Samsung 75’ The Frame 2020.

I’ve tried that too, but it’s been awhile. 
I wonder if Sonia/Samsung now just consider this as ‘solved’ although there are still lots of issue. 

I still have warranty on both items, so I am seriously considering returning both items.

Any update here on a permanent fix? 

Badge

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

What’s the status on this issue now? I’m planning to buy a Samsung Q95T TV and Sonos Arc. Is this still an unsolved problem?

If yes, is it really common, or is it just like 1 % of the users who gets this kind of problems with the Arc + Samsung 2020 TV combination?

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

I experienced this for the first time last night on my Q90T + Arc. Sound suddenly cut out when e-Arc was enabled; only way to get any sound at all was to disable e-Arc on the TV (which caused audio delay issues with my Xbox as the passthrough option was then greyed out).

Unplugged the Arc to no avail - only thing that worked was power-cycling the TV. Once I did this, I was able to re-enable e-Arc and audio came through finally. 

This never happened with my old Samsung soundbar, so I have to assume it’s some issue between the Arc and the Q90T. Both are up-to-date on their software, so any solution that may have existed certainly is not bullet proof.

This happened to me for the first time today after having no issues for 3 months. Complete loss of audio between Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc. Pretty frustrating.

Hi!Is the problem regarding eARC Auto-setting solved for 2021 version of The Frame?

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

I have had the same problem with Xbox pass-through via Samsung Frame 75”