Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post

612 replies

Userlevel 1

Could I get assistance on the same issue. Happening daily now and so annoying.  I have to switch breaker off to reset everything to get arc to work again. 

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

Is there any update here?

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

Is Sonos still working with Samsung on a solution, or is it a lost cause?

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

How did you do the hard reset?

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Also, my TV is on the latest update I believe its 2016.1.  

Small update.

I have been having this problem for quite some time, and have tried pretty much any possible fixes, I could find. But with no luck.

Finally, Sonos support pointed me in the direction, of a possible CEC conflict being the cause of the problem.

About a week ago, I disabled CEC on my settop box from my tv provider. 
And, since then I have not been having any problems.

Fingers crossed, that I was finally able to get rid of the issue.

That seems to be solved mow, my tv 2020 works fine with Ark. Hopefully ;)

Been getting this issue more and more now that I started using Xbox Series S with Frame TV + Sonos Arc.

It seems isolated to Dolby Atmos audio.

Any one got a clear fix for this?

Been getting this issue more and more now that I started using Xbox Series S with Frame TV + Sonos Arc.

It seems isolated to Dolby Atmos audio.

Any one got a clear fix for this?

I finally got this issue solved when I turned of CEC on my settop box.