Sonos Arc Recessed with Sanus extendable wall mount

• 9 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am new to Sonos, having just bought my first AMP and ceiling speakers.

I am keen to purchase the SONOS ARC and set it up within my sitting room, in a wall - recessed with a TV above, and a recessed fire below. (similar to the pic below)

Having looked in the the ARC, I have learnt that for optimal sound it appears that the ARC needs to be in-front of the TV as the speaker sound comes out sideways and upwards.

Therefore, do you think my setup would work using an the extendable bracket? Where the ARC would be recessed when not used (i.e. flush to the wall, and therefore in-line with the TV - as shown in the photo below), and then when I want to use the ARC I pull it out approx 4/5 inches so that it is now sticking out in-front of it’s recess and in-front of the TV.

This is the extendable wall bracket mount - sold by SONOS.

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/sanus-extendable-wall-mount-arc.html

Many thanks all for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rv007.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us with a detailed description of your preferred setup. Allow me to help you out.

Yes, the Sanus extendable wall mount as indicated on the link you have provided was made for the sole purpose of allowing the Sonos Arc be pulled away from the TV for a more Dolby Atmos experience. Based on your provided details, it will definitely work and give additional aesthetics to your set up when the Sonos Arc is not in use to sit flush with the TV right above it. As long as we maintain the 4.0" (102 mm) space (minimum) between the top of Sonos Arc and the bottom of your TV this is for any voice command as well just in case you wanted to listen to music through your Sonos Arc with the TV being turned off. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Hi, many thanks for getting back to me.

With regards to the 102mm space between the top of the Sonos Arc and the bottom of the TV - will this be relevant in my setup? The reason I ask, is because, my TV will be in it’s recess and thus flush with the wall.

The Arc, when not being used will be flush like the TV, but when it is being used will pull it forward, and therefore the front of the Arc will be approx 100/120mm in front of the TV. Therefore, does the space between the top of the arc and the bottom of the TV even matter?

See below, given my setup, the top of the Arc will probably be 75/80mm below the bottom of my TV.

Please let me know?

Thanks,