Answered

Pairing sonos with Bose Lifestyle 5

• 14 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Bose Lifestyle 5 from 2006 in our great room. It is now dead, but wiring is in the wall for front and rear bose lifestyle jewel cube 5.1 speakers. It also powers in ceiling speakers in a bathroom and bose 501 speakers in an exercise room. In our media room I have an existing playbar. What is the best way to set up a new surround sound system in the media room (use existing speaker wire or go totally wireless), and how can I power the ceiling the bose 501 speakers?
icon

Best answer by MikeV 15 October 2018, 02:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
In order to use any of the Bose speakers, you'll need a Connect:Amp, or you'll need to wait for the upcoming new Amp model that has been announced.

If you go for the Connect:Amp for your rear speakers, you'll need to have it wired to your network along with, or wired to, your Sonos home theater speaker (Playbar, Playbase, or Beam), while the new Amp would be able to work wireless to the rear speakers (aside from the speaker wires and power cord, of course).

The new Amp could also be used for the front left and right speakers, along with a second Amp for the rear speakers... and the Amp will have HDMI-ARC connectivity to receive the audio from your TV.

If your in-ceiling speakers have nothing to do with the TV system, you can use either the Connect:Amp or new Amp with them, with no special network requirements.