Answered

LG OLED55CX magic remote not working with Playbar

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I think the latest firmware update (3.11.x) on the LG OLED 55 CX has “nearly” fixed this, in the UK at least.  I didn’t need to do anything on the Sonos App.  Just follow the instructions on the TV to set the sound output to optical digital with pass through, and to set up the magic remote.  The weird thing is that when you are choosing the device  manufacturer, Sonos still doesn’t appear on my list, but if you search for it in the search box, it then comes up.  Select it and the TV does the rest.  The volume control now works, but NOT the mute button, which is slightly irritating but not nearly as painful as having to use a second remote for all volume control!

I think the latest firmware update (3.11.x) on the LG OLED 55 CX has “nearly” fixed this, in the UK at least.  I didn’t need to do anything on the Sonos App.  Just follow the instructions on the TV to set the sound output to optical digital with pass through, and to set up the magic remote.  The weird thing is that when you are choosing the device  manufacturer, Sonos still doesn’t appear on my list, but if you search for it in the search box, it then comes up.  Select it and the TV does the rest.  The volume control now works, but NOT the mute button, which is slightly irritating but not nearly as painful as having to use a second remote for all volume control!

Hi there,

I am the owner of a new OLED 55GX (received this week) and it’s been now a couple of days that I browsing the internet to find a solution to pair my Sonos Playbar with my TV, in order to be able to control volume from the Magic Remote Controller. (TV is running on the last firmware)

I’ve tried what everybody said (with or without setting up the remote on the Sonos app) but it’s just not working for me: I see the volume control icon has changed (it’s not going from 0 to 100 but only shows +/- now) but still the IR signal does not seem to reach my Playbar (the playbar’s white light does not blink when I press the volume buttons).

When I tried to set it up as a Philips soundbar; it asked my to click on the button “POWER” and then click yes or no if something happened on the top right corner of my screen. Nothing did happen but I eventually click on Yes, otherwise nothing would be installed… Then again I had to click on a new button “VOLUME UP” and nothing happened… I clicked on Yes/next and the pairing was finished; but not working….

I’ve also tried to set it up as a SONOS device. This time everything was automatic (did not have to click on POWER and the YES) but the result is as disappointing as with Philips….

If somebody could help me it would be very kind; as the LG customer service does not seem to have a clue of what’s happening.

Hi  I am having exactly the same problems - I have tried SONOS and Philips.  Mine is a 48CX.

It is very frustrating, LG couldn't help me and SONOS said to post on here pending a reply!

I would be really grateful if you could help me out too.   Thanks