Skip to main content

How to fix Apple 4K TV remote not controlling Sonos soundbar

• 9 November 2022
  • 31 replies

This issue has been driving me INSANE for weeks and finally I found the answer on YouTube:

Simply hold the input and volume down button on your Apple TV 4K remote for about 5 seconds and 🪄🧙‍♂️ …issue fixed!!!! Your Apple Remote will now control your Sonos sound bar volume again. 

31 replies

This works! Thank you OP I was really struggling with this. 

Bingo—worked like a charm. Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Just worked for me too.

Thank you!!

it absolutely worked.:)

To fix your Apple 4K TV remote not controlling the Sonos soundbar, ensure both devices are connected to the same network. Go to **Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control** on your Apple TV and select **Learn New Device**. Follow the prompts to reprogram the remote to control the soundbar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To fix your Apple 4K TV remote not controlling the Sonos soundbar, ensure both devices are connected to the same network. Go to **Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control** on your Apple TV and select **Learn New Device**. Follow the prompts to reprogram the remote to control the soundbar.

What has the network got to do with this? Your “advice” only pertains to IR-controlled soundbars (ie those using an optical connection), those connected via Arc or eArc need no programming of the remote.