Answered

HDMI Switch/Matrix with ARC for AMP

• 8 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I am building a new house using multiple Sonos AMPs for speakers around the house. 

Two of the AMPs will be connected to TVs in the house and the AMPs will all be located in a centralized cabinet. 

I would also like to have my Apple TV’s, Blu-ray players etc. at the same location as the AMPs. 

The most straight forward approach would be to install (i) 1x HDMI from each TV to connect to the TVs ARC supported HDMI and then to the AMPs plus (ii) 1x or more HDMIs from each TV for the Apple TV’s etc. 

However, due to cost of installation and for simplicity of connections by the TVs, I would prefer to have only 1 HDMI installed for each TV. 

I know I could do this with a third party receiver with multiple HDMI-inputs (see attachment). But as I already own a few Sonos Subs, love Sonos and and have decided on the Sonance Architectural speakers, I will be using the Sonos AMP. 

Does anybody know a Switch that will enable me to use 1 HDMI from the TV to pass ARC and CEC to/from the AMP and pass on at least 1 HDMI signal (Apple TV) to the TV at the same time. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 March 2020, 18:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi @Tejs Dyrvig Ernst, thanks for the post.

I wouldn’t be able to directly comment on third-party workarounds for a supported Sonos setup, I think this is a great question for our other Community members.

I also see that you have made several posts regarding similar in-home configurations. I hope that you are receiving helpful information from them as well. 

I would recommend possibly reaching out to an AV installer as they might be better acclimated for the use of third-party equipment for home theater configurations.