Feature Request: Separating Surround channels among SONOS units

• 16 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Have you ever thought of segregating your surround audio channels so you can assign a particular surround channel to specific SONOS unit? for example: 

Lets say I want to use a RAY and SONOS AMPS for my surround setup. I would like to assign the center channel to the RAY; then assign one SONOS AMP for my Left & Right FRONT channels; and finally

another SONOS AMP for my rear surrounds.( which you already do today)

I cannot use an ARC in my environment as I am space constrained and the ARC wont fit. but my room is larger and I’d like better audio coverage that I think the RAY can provide.

being able to assign surround channels to different sonos units would allow for space issues and provide more sound separation.

2 replies

It’s been a request since Sonos released the original PLAYBAR, their first soundbar. So far, there has been no implementation of such a thing, but if you spend any time looking through these forums, you’ll see the requests. 

That’s not to say it will never happen, but I’d not be holding my breath, and would be both surprised and pleased if they even do implement such a thing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @rogers2010 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!