Feature Request: Add Moves as Rear Surrounds

• 9 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

I would just like to log yet another feature request to be able to add two Moves as the rear surrounds to a 5.1 surround setup. I understand it’s not an existing feature and I understand the response that it wasn’t the original intent for the Move. That being said, I would just like to log yet another request for that capability to be added to the Move if it has the hardware capabilities to do so.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What makes the Move a better choice for you than a One SL?

Primarily it’s convenience to be battery powered. I don’t have any outlets nearby where the rear channels would be situated, but the moves each on a stand behind our couch would be perfect. Worst bummer is it seemed like a totally intuitive purchase. Bought the Arc, the Sub, and two Moves. That was a pretty big bummer of a realization when I went to try to add the Moves as surrounds. Lastly, I just love the idea of the versatility of using the Moves as rear channels, but then also having the flexibility to pick one or both up and play music elsewhere is super cool and convenient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If the Moves work like other Sonos surrounds you would need to remove them from the surround setup before they could be used elsewhere. Not that hard but an aggravation.

The lack of cords would keep the spouse happy and if you had them on decent stands you could easily hide them away when not in use.

I’m using an old pair of Play 1s as my surrounds and the cord versus spouse conflict resulted in far from optimal positioning (stacked in a corner and too high) but that let me hide the power cords. They still sound surprisingly decent.

Too funny. I hear you 100%. The things we do for good audio!

I have to say, while pretty disappointed that my, to be fair - uninformed, assumption of how the Moves would integrate is a bummer… hearing even just the Arc + Sub connected to my Apple TV 4K with through the LG CX playing true Dolby Atmos for the first time is really incredible. I’m blown away what it can do even without the rear channels. I’ll likely keep the Moves. If they eventually add surround capability, that’s a win. If not, maybe I’ll look into the One SL’s eventually to complete the kit. Sonos really builds some incredible sounding products.