Answered

Beam disconnects from TV after using AirPlay

• 15 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Every time I use Beam through AirPlay or if I use voice assistance for playing something, the device disconnects from TV.

I have a Samsung TV with HDMI-ARC (Anynet+), and I have to turn the Beam off and on again every time it disconnects. Not convenient at all. 

Why is this happening?

Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 15 November 2019, 21:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi ifpepe

I’d say your problem lies with the implantation of the HDMI-ARC (Anynet+) by your Samsung. Has similar issues with a Samsung I owed until recently.

Suggest you disconnect power to the Samsung by pulling the wall plug and do the same for the Beam.

Plug in the Beam first and then the Samsung. This will cause a new handshake between the Beam and the Samsung TV to implement the HDMI-ARC (Anynet+) process.

Test your setup and let us know how things sort out. 

Cheers!

Hi ifpepe

I’d say your problem lies with the implantation of the HDMI-ARC (Anynet+) by your Samsung. Has similar issues with a Samsung I owed until recently.

Suggest you disconnect power to the Samsung by pulling the wall plug and do the same for the Beam.

Plug in the Beam first and then the Samsung. This will cause a new handshake between the Beam and the Samsung TV to implement the HDMI-ARC (Anynet+) process.

Test your setup and let us know how things sort out. 

Cheers!

Thanks, mate! It solved my issue.

Additional info for those who might face the same problem:

I also have a Chromecast setup on the same TV. I think it was the main reason for the connection interference. Besides reconnecting Beam and the TV from power, as suggested by AjTrek1, I also unplugged the HDMI cables for both Sonos and Chromecast. Then reconnected them, starting with the Beam. I think that stablished the right connection between the Beam and the Samsung TV, and solved the interference problem.

Cheers!