Answered

I use Google Home for all my smart home devices and have a Nest Mini to control all of them. should I still keep the speaker after getting the Arc or can i get rid of the speaker from the room?

• 27 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have recently ordered the arc which has google assistant built in. I am wondering if i have to keep the existing nest mini speaker to control all my smart home devices or if i can get rid of the speaker and use the arc to control all smart devices.

Not sure how good it will be to have two google assistant devices in same room!! 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 27 October 2020, 08:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos devices have limited voice-command capabilities. If you just want vocal music control use the Arc but otherwise keep the nest. More info and some links here:  https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/google-assistant-ireland-and-singapore-6831841

Got it. This helps @nik9669a. I have been in dilemma for quite sometime as to what to do with having two google assistants in same room 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Disable the Arc 😜

Or

Enable Alexa on the Arc and let them talk to each other 😀

:joy:  I guess that’s the only option i have got!

Â