We are happy to announce an expansion in the availability of Google Assistant on Sonos in Ireland and Singapore. Google Assistant is also now available on Sonos in Norway, Italy, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, and Mexico.
Make sure your system is up to date by checking under More > Settings > Software Updates. Compatible devices will then be able to add the Google Assistant as a voice assistant.
Here are some helpful links to get you started:
- Further information on the Google Assistant.
- You can also find out all about Google Assistant on our original announcement thread,
‘Sonos welcomes the Google Assistant’
- 11 Ways the Google Assistant Will Enhance Your Sonos Listening Experience”.
- Controlling Sonos with Google Home devices.
- Adding the Google Assistant to a Beam or One.
- A list of basic commands for Google Assistant on Sonos.
With the Google Assistant on Sonos you can play music, find answers courtesy of Google Search, plan your day, set timers, and easily control smart devices around your home. You’ll also be able to use features specific to Google Assistant, like continued conversation, meaning you can ask the Google Assistant a series of questions without having to say “Hey Google” every time.
The Google Assistant can control basic playback, such as skipping or pausing music on Sonos, and can start music from Deezer, Google Play Music, Pandora, Spotify, and YouTube Music (depending on availability in your country).
We’ll continue to bring more actions and functionality to the experience over time through software updates. If you run into any trouble, there are some helpful tips and tricks for Google Assistant on Sonos here and more Google Assistant tips on the Sonos community, to get you started.