Answered

How to ask Google assistant to play music for x minutes

• 11 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have just replaced my two JBL link with Google assistant by two Sonos One.

With the JBL I used to ask Google assistant to play music for a certain duration and it worked very well.

Now, when I ask the same to a Sonos One, it plays for the requested duration and then, Google Assistant says "excuse me, I didn't understand". And it continues to play.

Are there kind of limitations with the Sonos devices?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 20 December 2022, 12:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @vletroye, welcome to the Sonos Community!

With using Google Assistant (GA) on Sonos Devices, it functions with basic media commands. There is also an Article by Google on what counts as basic media commands.

I don’t use GA and I can’t find any information on asking play for a certain amount of time, so it seems like this is not an option with GA on Sonos if all other voice commands are working fine.

Perhaps with my reply another member of the community who uses this will be able to check if they also have the option. 

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Sleep timers don’t work with Google Assistant on Sonos, this is a known problem: